Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Focus Suspension Knocking?

sgfocus

Hi everyone, this is my first post and sorry its a question but after spending a while looking online this seems to be the place most likely to be able to help!

Basically I've been overseas for a couple of years and have arrived home and looking to buy a focus. Money is stretched so I've been looking at 2003-04 models. Found a lovely little 2003 2.0 Zetec with 90k on the clock and took it for a test drive. Whilst driving I noticed a knocking sound coming from what seemed to be the front left which got louder at slower speeds and very noticeable as we were on bumpy country roads. Couldn't hear it at higher speeds and wasn't coming from the outside. Other than that it was a great drive and handled really well.

The vendor said it could possibly be a loose bushing or something and whatever it was he would fix it first but a friend told me it may be the suspension. I am just wondering if anyone has had the problem before on a MK1 focus? Is it a potential quick fix or could it cost me down the line? Apologies if this is a pretty simple problem or i'm asking a stupid question it's just ive never owned one before so thought id ask.

Thanks in advance if you can help

Hi,bushes are part of the suspension and is an integral part of the front suspension arm,these days instead of fitting new bushes most just buy and fit a new arm.The only way to find out what the problem is,is to get the car up into the air and have a look.If you are not confident with cars find someone that is to take a look.Hope this helps,I'm sure others on here will be able to give you more advice.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

let him fix it and when your happy buy it:smile:

4 hours ago, dezwez said:

let him fix it and when your happy buy it:smile:

Totally agree :smile:

Thanks for the responses!

Yeah I need to put a small deposit down before they do the work plus re-do MOT for a year. Was just seeing if it was a potential problem down the line or something simple they could fix and worth the short wait.

at worst driveshafts most likely a front droplink

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club