Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The hold-up on my Fiesta order...

Nightowl

I am truly shocked!!! I actually received a phone call from my dealer a few minutes ago. I feel like a large whisky to get over the trauma of it all!

Very short recap; ordered the car June 30th - as you all know. (lololololol - yep - June 30th!!!).

My car is still "weeks away" (so he said) because...

..."there is a severe shortage of side skirts for the new Fiesta"!

I am now not going to get the car until NOVEMBER at the earliest (at the EARLIEST!).

5 months. 5 friggin' months. Needless to say; this will be my first and last ever dealing with Ford. Never again...

:o

a shortage of sideskirts????

if thats the case then why have ford just changed the Zetec S equipment so it has sideskirts as standard?

sounds like BS to me

a shortage of sideskirts????

if thats the case then why have ford just changed the Zetec S equipment so it has sideskirts as standard?

sounds like BS to me

Well I guess anyone ordering the Zetec S is going to have a 5-month wait now too!

I've ordered the full dress-up on mine too, so I hope this is just the dealer making excuses.

Still, they actually called you!! :o That's something. I can't even talk to the dealer when I phone them myself! (he's always 'busy')

In an ideal world, you could ask for the car now, and have the skirts fitted when they arrive, but that would just be too easy <_< .

Well I guess anyone ordering the Zetec S is going to have a 5-month wait now too!

Unless standard fit skirts are being put above accessories like on yours - my Zetec S has been ordered and built since you placed your order.

I've ordered the full dress-up on mine too, so I hope this is just the dealer making excuses.

Well I could make a phone call on Monday and find out for you?

Currently going through my own hold up at the minute. Just try to think that it will be worth once it arrives :)

This is why I'd never factory order a brand new car, if I had to wait more than a few weeks I'd get bored of waiting and probably the car I had ordered and want something completely different :lol:

That sounds like a dirty public toilet to me euuuewwww.

My dealing was much more pleasant I have to say but I guess it's the salesman you get and where you go?? I would maybe give Ford HQ in the UK a call to be honest and find out exactly what's going on. Put some pressure on them mate.

I ordered mine with all the options in my sig including the side skirts on 20/07/09 and I got it on 26/09/09, hmm that is 8 weeks!! Lord was I patient!!

You must be saint?

That sounds like a dirty public toilet to me euuuewwww.

My dealing was much more pleasant I have to say but I guess it's the salesman you get and where you go?? I would maybe give Ford HQ in the UK a call to be honest and find out exactly what's going on. Put some pressure on them mate.

I ordered mine with all the options in my sig including the side skirts on 20/07/09 and I got it on 26/09/09, hmm that is 8 weeks!! Lord was I patient!!

You must be saint?

*Update:

Well I actually phoned my dealer this afternoon & told him to cancel the order - to shove it up his arris. Ford can get lost. Shoddy treatment from start to finish.

The dealer has pleaded with me to reconsider over the weekend & if I haven't had a change of heart - he'll cancel the order on Monday.

It comes to something when a car I signed-for AND ordered on June 30th isn't going to be here before November at the earliest.

I am therefore keeping my C2 VTR until early in the new year when the new Citroen DS3 is launched - or maybe I'd get better service from Mazda with the Mazda 2.

Hang your heads in shame Ford.

*Update:

Well I actually phoned my dealer this afternoon & told him to cancel the order - to shove it up his arris. Ford can get lost. Shoddy treatment from start to finish.

The dealer has pleaded with me to reconsider over the weekend & if I haven't had a change of heart - he'll cancel the order on Monday.

It comes to something when a car I signed-for AND ordered on June 30th isn't going to be here before November at the earliest.

I am therefore keeping my C2 VTR until early in the new year when the new Citroen DS3 is launched - or maybe I'd get better service from Mazda with the Mazda 2.

good for you! you have been treated like crap and they don't deserve your money or time!

anyway, the DS3 is SOOOOO good looking, far more attractive the the fiesta. no, really, it is!!

We have like 3 Zetec S ordered last month arriving 7th Nov. A lad came in today ordered a high spec Zetec S we checked Vista he gonna have it in Dec.

We had a customer order a Titanium with Full Dress up kit and it took 4 months to come!!!

The weird thing is thats not the original order. We are still waiting on his original order. Basically we ordered 2 at sametime so we could hav one for stock but one came alot earlier than other. His 1st order we dont hav yet!!!!

Its crazy on some cars and as annoying for salesman as it is for customers (More so for customers lol it is your car)

i would make the point even clearer by going to the garage itself to cancel the order so you can make sure they have actually done it properly.

shoddy service by that dealer, what have the been playing at!!!

name and shame :lol:

Well I could make a phone call on Monday and find out for you?

If you could confirm one way or the other, it would be helpful :) .

We have like 3 Zetec S ordered last month arriving 7th Nov. A lad came in today ordered a high spec Zetec S we checked Vista he gonna have it in Dec. God knows what that dealership is playing at with you sorry to hear that mate

Cheers. I realise there are good dealers out there and there are bad dealers - and mine certainly falls into the latter! Hard to believe then that the dealer I went to is actually THE oldest official Ford dealer in Britain (est. 1910).

I feel sorry for you Nightowl but I have to say that's a ridiculous time for a mass produced car. You could order a custom spec M3 in less time I bet!

IMO the Fiesta looks way better then the Citroen, but that's ME. It has been written about a fair bit though and you may get the sporty model from the off, will be a match for the Fezza me thinks.

Here's a review of the C3, and I think you'll like the colour? haha

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/fi...citroen_c3.html

I feel sorry for you Nightowl but I have to say that's a ridiculous time for a mass produced car. You could order a custom spec M3 in less time I bet!

IMO the Fiesta looks way better then the Citroen, but that's ME. It has been written about a fair bit though and you may get the sporty model from the off, will be a match for the Fezza me thinks.

Here's a review of the C3, and I think you'll like the colour? haha

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/fi...citroen_c3.html

Cheers Marky. Although please note: It's the DS3 I love the look of - not the C3!

This one infact:

Oh that car. Seen that before and had a look at the website the other day. Bit too fancy for me haha but it is a nice small car, like the seats. Daylight lights too, always wondered why the Fiesta doesn't have those?

Daylight lights too, always wondered why the Fiesta doesn't have those?

they're eventually going to become a legal requirement

*Update:

Out of interest? had you ordered a 3 or 5 door? and was it a Titanium or Zetec-S?

Out of interest? had you ordered a 3 or 5 door? and was it a Titanium or Zetec-S?

3-door 1.4 Titanium Automatic with full dress-up kit & 7-spoke alloys - that's it Reaper.

3-door 1.4 Titanium Automatic with full dress-up kit & 7-spoke alloys - that's it Reaper.

Don't forget the squeeze! That's an extra too!

Don't forget the squeeze! That's an extra too!

Oh yeah - in 'Squeeze' too. How could I forget?!?! Now it all makes sense! No wonder it's taken 4 months with no sign of a build or delivery date....

* Makes mental note never to order obscure paint colours in future.

Ahh right.. sorry didn't see that in your Sig.. :rolleyes:

The titaniums and 5 doors are talking longer due to popular demand and that they don't have enough to supply, respectively.

Regular orders like Zetec's/S/etc/3-doors are going through no problem, but special orders are taking their time I'm afraid. They basically can't keep up with the demand.

I know it doesn't help your situation but at least you now know a little more about what's happening. If you really want to know what's going on if you send me your order number and dealer code I can get my mate who's in direct contact with them out there and find out what the actual reasons are.

"anyway, the DS3 is SOOOOO good looking, far more attractive the the fiesta. no, really, it is!!"

What! It looks like van, its awful!