Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecosport Late Delivery

Hi

I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem with the delivery of Ecosports.

I signed my order form the 18th February 2016, dealer had already advised that the car had been built the pervious week and that delivery would be the 16th April.

I have now been told that the car is being delivered the 11th June, which is around 4 months altogether and 2 months later then originally told. My dealer can't even tell me the reason for delivery.

Is this a common thing with ordering with Ford?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks

It doesn't normally take over 2 months from build to delivery. Are you sure it's built? You should have a VIN if it is.

Hi

Yes he told me again yesterday on the phone it was built, when I signed in Feb he even said then it had been built the week before which would of been the w/c 8th Feb.

At first it was a problem with getting the 1.0L petrol that it hadn't been shipped, then it was it has been shipped with ETA 11th June, then the date had changed again but they couldn't tell me if it had been shipped or where it even was.

If it is built it will have the engine in it.

You should have a VIN if it is built.

No VIN, then it has not been built.

I think your dealer is feeding you BS :(

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

It doesn't normally take over 2 months from build to delivery. Are you sure it's built? You should have a VIN if it is.

Yes seems rather a long time, although it probably takes at least a month to be shipped from India.

I did wonder where they came from, india , russia or brazil

Even if coming from India, if it has been built it will have a VIN.

If it was supposed to be built before the order was placed, then a hold up for the 1.0 ecoboost would mean it can't have been built...

Dealer 100% that the car is built and now they are saying mid May. Can't tell me what the hold up is just that it hasn't had any failed quality checks because it would say. Basically it's one of them things and not much they can do.

To make things worse, someone I know ordered a diesel the week after me and he is getting his in April with no delays and it's been built in the same place in India. 

Just ask them for the VIN, if it's built it will have one. If they can't give it to you it's not built. Then you can put the VIN in to Etis and check the build date :)

theres no issues that i can see with delivery/quality checks either

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The ford ecosport doesn't come via fords own boats ect like most of the focus/fiestas ect what go straight to ford own dock then shipped by dag rail to speake for distribution,  ford have had some issues with the 1 litre engine that could be the cause of the delay ,the diesel engine ones are fine as there built here in the UK(engine),  but I do know with the ecosport ford dealers are struggling with knowing where cars are due to the system and shipping updates due to ford motor company not your dealer ship