Do Not Sell My Personal Information

161C 1.5L TDCI 6 days old - Powetrain light comes on!

DaveHam

Hi all,

I have only had my Fiesta for 6 days, yes 6 days and already the powertrain warning light comes on. This is my first new car in 20 years so this is my first time seeing this kind of message. I have started to look up the net to see what the problem may be. There are lots of people sharing stories but seems to be nothing definitive. I was talking to my Garage last night and will take it back to get checked out. 

Why would this light be coming on in such a new car? If this is a sign of things to come then may god help me!!

Does anyone have a deffinitive reason why this light might be coming on?

Thanks, Dave

:angry:

It's 6 days old, take it back!!

Could just be a faulty sensor or something, it happens, can't expect all the thousands of new cars to come off the line perfect.

Just take it back Ford will be happy to solve no questions asked.

Back to the main dealer with it, they'll need to plug in to it with the ford software. Always get a few snagging problems with a new vehicle.

Il put money on it being a faulty flux capacitor. Very common on new cars [emoji6]

Seriously though I'd rather have the issue now in warranty than it knowing my luck coming on 2 days out of warranty. I'm sure itl likely be a simple fault.

If you did have repeated future problems then just refuse the car. If it's in the dealer's more than its on your drive then it's not fit for purpose. I'm sure it won't come to that

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club