Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4tdci 2009 start fault

rhyscoote1.4tdci

i recently went out to my fiesta 1.4tdci one night and it wouldnt start,turn the key and nothing happens just a single click noise which appears to come from the glove box area of the everytime time you turn the key,ive tried the spare key as my first thought was immboliser issue but that didnt nothing,just wondered if anyone and any ideas where to start fuses etc thanks

Usually a battery issue, because it won't have enough charge to turn the car over. Have you got a battery charger? Or try and bump it 

ive tryed to jump start but had no luck,i have checked the starter relay and seem to be working fine(i can hear the click)im starting to think its the starter motor itself

On 25 March 2016 at 4:14 PM, JonnWhite said:

Usually a battery issue, because it won't have enough charge to turn the car over. Have you got a battery charger? Or try and bump it 

Can you bump start a diesel? 

If you have no crank and your sure the battery is good, I would remove the airfilter(if fitted in front of battery). There is a large multiplug under battery, check inside this for corrosion

On 25 March 2016 at 9:44 PM, E5GDM said:

Can you bump start a diesel? 

My uncles Peugeot 406 51plate had to be bump started every day for a while. Then he replaced the battery 

What colour is the immobiliser light on the dash? Perhaps try a spare key to rule out the key - might also be worth getting a 12v jump pack to keep in the car for such occasions, although it does sound like the battery. What might have happened is the alternator packed up meaning that the battery is no longer being charged, due to the diesel not actually needing an power to keep running (eg no spark plugs) the battery could have started to discharge and its now got to the point of no longer having enough power to crank.

I would suggest:

• Try a different key
  • Check the current voltage of the battery - also ask someone to try and start the car, I am thinking the battery might be 12V but then drop too low on cranking
  • Getting a jump start off someone if this doesn't work to get the car running
  • Putting a multimeter across the battery and check the voltage - it should be something like 13-14v which would indicate the alternator is working, if its at 12v then its the alternator

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club