Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Photos of my nice clean Zetec S

coysht

Howdy all,

Picked up my Mk7 ZetecS a couple of weeks ago, but its taken me until now to clean and photograph it.

Absolutly thrilled with it after 600 miles or so and amazed at how much better drives than pretty much anything else I've driven before.

Finally got all my cleaning stuff yesterday, so today was time for a decent clean (It was more of a clean than a proper detail, although ended up spending alot longer than I ever have on any car before!) and I'm quite impressed with how it looks - will do me anyhoo.

Interestingly a couple of problem areas from earlier cars appear to have been changed - the door seals are held on with plastic clips in the tight corners and there is a very small area of clear 'helicopter tape' at the back of the doors to reduce scratches and stone chips. My car also has two blindspot mirrors, rather than just on the pasenger side....and I appear to be in the two line camp when it comes to instrument displays!

Spec (for anyone who's interested) is 1.6 Petrol Zetec S, Sea Grey metalic with sideskirts, bluetooth + USB, heated screens and strangely enough, alloy pedals (which I didn't order, but I'm more than happy to have) - appears I've got an october spec car, depight it being built before the changes supposidly came in.

dscf3058a.jpg

dscf3062a.jpg

dscf3061a.jpg

dscf3056a.jpg

Nice. Don't get to see many Sea Greys here (most seem to buy blue, white or squeeze), so I appreciate the photos.

What's this about 2 line display? I've heard about all the other issues, but I don't recall that one.

Nice. Don't get to see many Sea Greys here (most seem to buy blue, white or squeeze), so I appreciate the photos.

What's this about 2 line display? I've heard about all the other issues, but I don't recall that one.

I do like the colour - I think darker colours really suit the car.

The trip computer display between the dials has either 2 or 3 lines - exterior temp, trip (MP3, miles to empty, average speed, odo, etc), odometer - I don't have the 3rd of those lines.

great colour thats what i ordered on the titanium awaiting delivery but still in plaster with broken ankle, hopefully off crutches when it arrives. :P

Looks good :D

Are you going to keep the badges on? Can't help thinking it'd look better without them.

Is that a dealer logo in the middle of the number plate? It stands out - I took my dealer plates off and fitted some planer plates.

nice colour.... but its a shame you didnt get the street pack pack would of set the car off..

the standard alloys dont look right on the zetec s looks like its naked tbh..

good job you got the side skirts thou they look great :D

Looks good :D

Are you going to keep the badges on? Can't help thinking it'd look better without them.

Is that a dealer logo in the middle of the number plate? It stands out - I took my dealer plates off and fitted some planer plates.

I was planning to keep the badges as I'm not sure I like the whole 'de-badged' thing....however if I keep snagging my washmitt on the Fiesta badge it may have to come off!

TBH I don't really notice the dealer logo on the plates, not sure if the photos have brought it out or if its just me. Tax disc holder was hidious and the rear window sticker was distracting in the mirror - so they went pretty quickly, but I don't think I can justify new plates just yet.

Can you actually get totally plane plates? (well obviously with the reg on) I thought they had to put atleast the postcode on to try and control fake plates etc.

nice colour.... but its a shame you didnt get the street pack pack would of set the car off..

the standard alloys dont look right on the zetec s looks like its naked tbh..

Funny you should say that - I think the streetpack alloys are a little much...a little too 'bling', especially for this part of the Midlands.

Plus these wheels actually seem to be quite rare :P

My number plate is plain, with my full name printed underneath, where the dealer info usually is [my reg is a private reg lol].

And you can buy plain plates, just not sure if they're legal.

While I'm on the subject of the new car....

Bought a USB flash drive for it off fleaBay:

dsc02132dd.jpg

dsc02131t.jpg

and in the dark:

(this light is on all the time, and stays on for about 30seconds after you lock the car for some reason)

dsc02133yl.jpg

Only 4GB, quite expensive for it, but I think its worth it and it seems to fit nicely.

Blimey - that's tiny! :lol:

When I say plain plates - I mean as plain as legally possible. Mine have the demonplates URL and postcode on them. So tiny you wouldn't notice.

Funny you should say that - I think the streetpack alloys are a little much...a little too 'bling', especially for this part of the Midlands.

Plus these wheels actually seem to be quite rare :P

Agreed, I think it is a refreshing change to see the standard 16" alloys on a Zetec S. Your car looks great!

Have you gone for the individual blue interior? I notice in the pics of the USB, the surronding colour is a lot more blue. It looks like the standard black in the brochure.

If you have, post some pics! :lol:

Great looking car, can I ask what wax/polish you used? looks great.

i agree i ordered sea grey and would like to know what products you use

Have you gone for the individual blue interior? I notice in the pics of the USB, the surronding colour is a lot more blue. It looks like the standard black in the brochure.

If you have, post some pics! :lol:

Its the standard interior - must be the flash brightening it up.

Great looking car, can I ask what wax/polish you used? looks great.
i agree i ordered sea grey and would like to know what products you use

Autoglym Aquawax - was impressed at how quick and easy it was. Probably not up to proper detailing standard, but it'll more than do me.

Very nice car. Like the standard alloys myself, which part of the Midlands are you from?

Great shine btw, can't beat Autoglym B)

The alloys look even better now - spent some of Sunday morning sealing them. I think the car is now signifcantly cleaner than it was when I picked it up!

I'm from the far South, but now live in delightful Leicestershire.

The alloys look even better now - spent some of Sunday morning sealing them. I think the car is now signifcantly cleaner than it was when I picked it up!

I'm from the far South, but now live in delightful Leicestershire.

very nice car :) love the colour theres one in Coventry i see quite often looks good :) i like the new fiesta in darker colours :)