Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB Radio

Char85

Hi,

I have a 52 plate Ford Fiesta Finesse, it has the original radio/CD player. This is in three parts and built in. 

Is it possible to upgrade to a DAB radio/in car entertainment system? If so any idea how much it would cost and where to get it done?

Thanks

Charlotte

Find your local car hifi dealer and see what they have and can do. That'll give you an idea what's possible.

hi i had one put in my st which had the factory fitted  sony 6 disc , but the c.d started to go wrong , so had a ring round and the best deal i could get was at Halfords so went to the ashbourne store luckly i know them and thy got a top cd fitter showed me all the he would need and prices which had the window arieal and bluetooch for the phone . left the car for about 2 hours. and he had make a great job all set up for me .icould not remember some for the thing i was shown so went back and was shown again no problem so cant fault them  

• Like 1

Thank you both, sorry for the delayed response, despite this being set to notify of replies I haven't had any notifications, so was unaware you had replied!

Charlotte

On Thursday March 31, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Char85 said:

Thank you both, sorry for the delayed response, despite this being set to notify of replies I haven't had any notifications, so was unaware you had replied!

Happens a lot I'm afraid; better to think of that as something that might help rather than guaranteed to work.

Is it possible to upgrade to a DAB radio/in car entertainment system?

There are a lot of different possibilities; the cheapest/smplest is an add-on adaptor that just adds DAB to your existng system but if you real objective is to improve sound qualty that won't really help much.

You could get a new Head Unit, which would, eg, include DAB, but I'm not sure about the physical layout of the existing system (picture?) but a dealer would be able to help there. If you don't do something about the Speakers as well you probably only make a limited improvement to sound quality.

You could also go a lot further and get a new head unit, external amplifiers and new Speakers and by then you should have a pretty good system, but also a quite expensive one so you have to think about how much you want to spend and what your objectives are. Preferably do that a little before you visit your local dealer and don't let them tale you to a place (expense!) where you don't want to be.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond, I have attached a photo of the current radio/cd player. Looking at the Haynes manual underneath the cover panel/fascia it looks to be one unit but not sure if the panel can be modified for an upgraded system? 

I am not in any rush to get this done, I just wanted to know what options there are if any.

I also don't need to upgrade the Speakers just the radio itself.

Thank you for your help.

Charlotte

image.jpeg

Pity picture doesn't show a little more either side but like I said find a car hifi dealer or two and get some ideas from them as to what can be done. However be aware if it is possible to upgrade the headunit then it could blow your original Speakers.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Excellent find Stoney. Well Char if that video doesn't put you off upgrading your stereo then nothing will. It's a standard double din size unit but that trim piece is the bummer. See what connects2 can do for you.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club