Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with parrot 3200 kit

Hi folks

I've just got myself an 09 focus and I've fitted a parrot ck3200 kit I had lying about for a few years.

I bought what I thought was the right adapter for it all to work with the stock ford 6000cd stereo,  however now that's it's all plugged in and working it would appear the steering stalk doesn't work.....no big deal but what is annoying me is that the aux now seems to be dead as well.

The lead I bought was SOT- 092 which I thought was correct after reading various forums and posts.

Has anyone got a parrot installed with the aux working that could tell me the correct cable to buy...my head is pickled searching the t'internet trying to get a definitive answer

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

You have the correct adapter cable but you have to do some minor changes to make it work.

The wiring of both the steering wheel control and the AUX input are both connected to the 2 small (B and C) connectors of the Quadlock (radio) connector. Most adapter cables do only contain the wiring of the big A connector part of the Quadlock connector.

This can easily be solved by removing both the B and the C connector from the original Quadlock connector (at the vehicle side) and inserting these connectors into the Quadlock connector of the adapter cable (at the radio side).

You have the correct adapter cable but you have to do some minor changes to make it work.

The wiring of both the steering wheel control and the AUX input are both connected to the 2 small (B and C) connectors of the Quadlock (radio) connector. Most adapter cables do only contain the wiring of the big A connector part of the Quadlock connector.

This can easily be solved by removing both the B and the C connector from the original Quadlock connector (at the vehicle side) and inserting these connectors into the Quadlock connector of the adapter cable (at the radio side).

Sorted mate. Can't believe I never twigged about moving the connectors when I was fitting the parrot.

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club