Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 phone holder? and other questions..

Arwen

So following on a bit from my introduction thread. When I picked the car up on Friday morning it was complaining of a low battery, and start stop was not working. As I knew the car had been sitting on the forecourt for over a month I kinda expected this. I drove 200ish miles to Newcastle for the weekend, stopping a couple of times on the way down. Start stop did not come on at all this day, even though the car stopped complaining of a low battery after 70ish miles. The following day (Saturday) however, start/stop suddenly started working. Yay! 
Drove back up to Scotland on Sunday with no issues. Went out to the car later on to check some settings on the radio and it popped up saying low battery again... This morning, drove the 7ish miles into work, no low battery message and no stop/start. Didn't think stop start would work on such a short journey anyway, and that it is 3 degrees outside.  
So I am now rather confused. I've contacted the garage about it, but wondering what opinion is on here. Should a new battery stop it complaining, or should I be worried about the alternator? 

Another little question too.. where do you all put your phones when driving? I've got a nexus 5, so not the smallest of phones, but not the biggest either. As such I don't like driving with it in my pocket. I did start by putting it in the door pocket, but then it just slides and rattles around. It doesn't really fit in the cup holders and in the arm rest bit it ends up jumbled about with other stuff (Work ID's etc). What I think I am looking for is some sort of rubber grippy thing for the door pockets, of an insert or something for the pocket and/or the arm rest.
Anyone have any solutions?  

Third and final (for now!) question - Does anyone know if the new shaped wheel locking nuts (that don't rust) are a direct replacement for the older style ones that rust horribly? 

Sounds like a duff battery, the alternator is working or it wouldn't have charged it on the long journey

As for phone, I have the brodit clips fitted to my dash and the pillar to hold phones and stuff. Boonbproof

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Arwen said:

Another little question too.. where do you all put your phones when driving? I've got a nexus 5, so not the smallest of phones, but not the biggest either. As such I don't like driving with it in my pocket. I did start by putting it in the door pocket, but then it just slides and rattles around. It doesn't really fit in the cup holders and in the arm rest bit it ends up jumbled about with other stuff (Work ID's etc). What I think I am looking for is some sort of rubber grippy thing for the door pockets, of an insert or something for the pocket and/or the arm rest.
Anyone have any solutions?  

I used to have a Nexus 5 (and Nexus 4) - modified my Brodit Proclip + Mount so it would fit the N5. Charged the phones lovely.

Have had to go to a universal phone holder (which will attach to the proclip) as the holder for my new phone is not available from Brodit at present in the normal charging type (Fitted type is prohibitively expensive).

Thanks I'll have a look at the Proclip. Thinking I might make do with a tray for the armrest instead though. 

Also, should there be a cover over the battery? Looks to me like there should be, but I might be wrong - 

25467015694_ecf0c09b26_z.jpgBattery cover?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club