Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tom's Ford Focus MK2.5 Titanium Project

TomRickers

Hello!

This is my first post to the forums so first I would like to start by saying Hi to everyone here!

As I plan on doing some 'Modz' to my newly acquired Focus, I thought why not start a little diary on here to share with my fellow enthusiasts what I have done, and what I plan on doing to my car.

A bit about my car:

Focus 1.8 TDCI Mk2.5 'Facelift' Titanium in black :)

IMG_1562.JPGIMG_1431.JPG

Came with these larger 18inch alloys, not sure if this was an optional extra or if fitted at a later date, but I'm yet to see another Titanium with the same size as mine so that's nice :D

Other features include full leather interior with heated seats, xenon lights, and I think it may also have the upgraded Speakers package as they sound great considering it still has the standard Sony headunit, with component Speakers in the front and rear (so 8 Speakers in total!)

Anyway, after owning the car around a month, I decided to start messing!

First things I wanted to do was to get rid of the horrible grey front grills. Found some gloss black ST lookalike ones online which also came with matching Fog light surrounds :D

Here is a picture of the car just after I fitted the upper and lower grills.

IMG_1540.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

Don't worry I have since re-fitted the number plate (although I plan on getting a smaller metal-pressed plate at some point without the 'GB' badge so that it will fit better onto the grill)

I'm still yet to replace the fog surrounds, A. Because I'm not sure what the easiest way to remove them is and B. I plan on replacing the original lamps with LED's and using them as DRL's.

Have a few more mods on top of these in the pipeline... 

• De-Badge rear
  • Black Gel badge overlays
  • New alloy centre caps
  • Wind deflectors
  • Remove/repaint bonnet lip black
  • Possibly re-paint brake callipers
  • ST spoiler/skirts?

Anyway, that is it so far, I will take some more pictures as and when I add more things, so keep checking back! Feel free to suggest any other things you think might be cool and share with me what you have done to your MK2.5!

Thanks for looking!

Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 31/03/16

So after patiently waiting for the post man to arrive, and finding some free time to get working on the car, ive added some more Mods! :D

(Please excuse any dirt in these pictures, haven't had chance to wash the car...)

Black Ford alloy centre caps: (any ideas what I can do about that ugly looking locking wheel nut???)

IMG_1590.JPG

Team Heko wind deflectors (and my FOC stickers)

IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1593.JPG

Gel Badges:

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

And finally I got the new fog surrounds put on thanks to advice from Wheels93 (much appreciated!)

IMG_1601.JPG

Only thing left to do on the front end now is to get rid of that bonnet lip :)

Thanks for looking guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 01/04/16

Cleaned it up today, here's some pics :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Headlight 'brows' going on tomorrow and might look at getting that lip off and re-sprayed... Will update in due course. Stay tuned :D

image.jpeg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 03/04/16

Had a day off work yesterday so decided to spend a day down the garage having a go at a few things on the car...

Two main things which have been done are the addition of the Headlight 'brows' and also took off the bonnet lip and sprayed It matt black! :D

Few pics (again, excuse the dirt / marks / finger prints, gets so dirty so quickly...)

IMG_1687.JPGIMG_1688.JPG

So happy with how the car is coming along, going to look at spraying the chrome trim on the rear as well, hopefully have that done before the end of next week if all goes to plan.

Also had a quote for getting the rims refurbed and re-sprayed, so stay tuned! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 05/04/16

Couldn't wait any longer so got my pal to spray up the rear bonnet trim whilst I was working ( that's what friends are for :D )

Must say he did an excellent job, so happy with the out come.

IMG_1696.JPGIMG_1703.JPG

What to do next is the question....

Really want to sort out the fog lamp, I think that will finish the rear off nicely. Although perhaps an ST spoiler wouldn't be a bad idea, certainly would give the car the 'sporty' look I'm trying to achieve. Now that I come to think about it there are quite a few things I could improve up on... A nice exhaust is definitely something I'm going to look into, weather I go for a full kit or just the back end is the question.

Might also look at getting the rear lights tinted... lots of decisions...

Any suggestions please throw them at me, I am open to any ideas on improving my car :D

Got it booked in for a full service / check up / MOT tomorrow, so hopefully all goes well and no nasty suprises, fingers crossed.

Thanks again for looking folks, hope you like what you see :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 05/07/16

Sorry for the lack of updates recently! Been really busy and not had time to update my post, although I have still been messing about with the car, as usual :)

Mostly just small changes, but definitely worth it, you know what the say about how its the little things that count!

I've chosen to go with blue as my 'secondary' colour as after all, it is a Ford!

Changed the A/C Control knobs. Old ones looked tacky in my opinion and prone to dust and finger marks. New ones look much better and match with my colour scheme

IMG_2334.JPGIMG_2335.JPG

Also changed the interior lights. Already had footwell lights installed on my model so was as simple as just swapping the bulbs. Did the celling ones too but don't have a photo, really brighten up the car when you get in, I tend to have the front one turned off and the rear one set to come on with the opening of the doors so that it isn't too blinding. Also as you can see in the picture I managed to pick up some Momo Italy floor mats from my local TK-Maxx for a tenner, front and rear set, with blue stitching! Chuffed!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Lights were the main focus (no pun intended) of my most recent spree of mods. I've swapped out the front side lights and fogs for LEDs, getting rid of the yellow glow with a much cleaner looking white. Was looking at changing my headlights too but as they are the D1S bulbs (I think?) they are around £100 for a decent pair, and I cant justify changing them without seeing first hand if they would make a huge improvement over my current ones.

Ive ordered a DRL Kit too so that should be fitted in the next few weeks, will take some pictures of that for sure!

Aside from all that I've also fitted a sub which I had from my old car. Didn't want to change my headunit as I'm happy with my stock sony one (which I believe is a factory upgrade anyway) so I had to install a Line Out Converter into the wiring at the back of the stereo. The only wiring diagrams I could find online for the stereo turned out to be partially incorrect so it was a bit of a guessing game, but through process of elimination I found the correct wires eventually and the whole thing is up and running!

I'll leave you with some nice pics to look at :)

Alongside my old mans Sierra 2.0i GT

IMG_2234.JPG

And one from the other day after I gave the thing a clean :D

IMG_2317.JPG

Stay Posted!

• Like 5

Changing the grills to a darker colour was definitely a wise choice, done the same on my fiesta mk7.5 (from chrome to honeycombe style black) and completely transforms the front end. Also as we both have black cars, makes it look more 'stealth' as such :) All the other mods I would recommend you do, they all sound like they would be a nice addition. Have you got a colour scheme in mind? i.e for the callipers etc! Keep going with it, will be following!

Matt

hi and welcome aboard love the front grills you have added makes it look much meaner from the front end,you where lucky to have them 18inch wheels with the car wanted a set my self but ending up buying a set of 17inch wolfrace alloys. you could always see about having your current alloys done in a different colour as in shadow chrome

Hi TomRickers. 

Loving your choice of mods! I am thinking along the same lines for my Black 1.8 TDCI Titanium - I too have ST wheels (sprayed black). 

Where did you get the black grilles from please, and what did they set you back? 

I am thinking of spraying mine myself but not sure it's worth it, as might be quite tricky to get right!

Evening Tom,

Just done a look up on your car and also from the pictures it is a very nice motor. Hopefully this doesn't spam the thread but here is what the motor has:

• Less Underfloor Stowage No.2

•  Saarlouis Plant Built

•  Security Lock Group #6

•  Less Special Equipment Package

•  Convenience Group No.4

•  Marketing Level 1

•  Less Tyre Repair service Kit

•  With Auto Closing Windows

•  Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do

•  Power Rear Window One Shot Up/Down

•  With Privacy Glass

•  With Windshield Heat Shielding

•  With Heated Windscreen

•  Less Console Ashtray

•  With Cooled Glove Box

•  With Mini Overhead Console

•  With Short Floor Console

•  Int Env Colour - Medium Dark Flint

•  Interior Feature Colour - Ebony

•  With Velour Front Floor mats

•  With Velour Rear Floor mats

•  Less Sun Blinds

•  With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers

•  With Illuminated Sunvisor-Passenger

•  With Load Floor Carpet

•  Roof Storage-Driver Sunglasses

•  Less roof rack

•  With Rear Spoiler

•  With Electrochromic R/View Mirror

•  Dual Power/Htd/Fold/Pud Lamp Mirror

•  Rear Centre Armrest With Stowage

•  With Rear Center Head Restraint

•  With Drivers Manual Lumbar Support

•  With Passengers Man Lumbar Support

•  With Drivers Heated Seat

•  With Heated Passenger Seat

•  With Driver 6 Way Pwr.Seat Adjuster

•  With Pass 4 Way Manual Seat Adjust

•  Less Trailer Coupling

•  Ignition Flip Key With Remote Unit

•  With Second Remote Ign Flip Key

•  With Door Dead Locks

•  With Door Entry Remote Control Unit

•  Less Keyless Entry System

•  With Automatic Windscreen wiper

•  With Heated Washer Jet

•  With Headlamp Washer

•  Less Sun Roof

•  Air Curtain Restrnt LH

•  Air Curtain Restrnt RH

•  With Driver Air Bag

•  With Passenger Air Bag

•  With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side

•  With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side

•  Less Isofix Hard Point Attach

•  Spare Wheel - Mini Steel

•  With Standard Rear Shock Absorbers

•  18" Alloy Style 1 Wheel

•  Locking Wheel Nuts

•  With Handling Suspension

•  With Rear Disc Brakes

•  With Brake Emergency Assist

•  With IVD/Traction Control/ABS

•  Less Skid Plates

•  Sports Front Seat

•  With Fixed Foot Pedals

•  Steering Wheel - 3 Spoke Leather

•  Less Speed Control

•  With Supplemental Air Heater

•  With Instrument Cluster - Rheostat

•  Tyre Inflation Monitor

•  Thatcham Catergory 1 Alarm System

•  With Rear Parking Aid

•  Less Front Parking Aid

•  With A/V Jack

•  BT/VC Phone Interface Only

•  High Level With CD And AM/FM Radio

•  Ice Feature Pack 6

•  With 8 High Series Radio Speakers

•  Telephone Prep Pack B - English

•  Voice Activated Module - British

•  With Column Stalk Radio Controls

•  Less Power Point Plug

•  With Auto Headlamps

•  High Intensity Discharge Headlamp

•  Less Daytime Running Lamps

•  With Front Fog Lamps

•  With Black Headlamp Bezels

•  With Footwell Lights

•  Header Mounted Courtesy/Maplights

•  With Rear Overhead Courtesy Lamp

•  Tail lamps - Level 2

•  With Automatic Headlamp Levelling

•  With Automatic Headlamp Control

You have some really great features you can build build upon here like your footwell lights. Fortunately yours doesnt have keyless start which theives take a liking too.

In regards to the fogs give them slight pull from the front and the should come forward. Dont pull the chrome part as you may damage it. Have a look at other build threads on ideas as there are lots. Jbeers titanium was similar to yours and was a really nice example.

Hope you find the forum useful and welcome :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joeyjameslewis said:

Hi TomRickers. 

Loving your choice of mods! I am thinking along the same lines for my Black 1.8 TDCI Titanium - I too have ST wheels (sprayed black). 

Where did you get the black grilles from please, and what did they set you back? 

I am thinking of spraying mine myself but not sure it's worth it, as might be quite tricky to get right!

Pretty sure it would be these pal. Although these include fogs. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271832927086&alt=web 

45 minutes ago, joeyjameslewis said:

Brilliant, thanks James! 

No worries buddy. I'm not usually on this forum much now-a-days but always have a lurk on the project builds :)

12 hours ago, Iam2deck said:

Changing the grills to a darker colour was definitely a wise choice, done the same on my fiesta mk7.5 (from chrome to honeycombe style black) and completely transforms the front end. Also as we both have black cars, makes it look more 'stealth' as such :) All the other mods I would recommend you do, they all sound like they would be a nice addition. Have you got a colour scheme in mind? i.e for the callipers etc! Keep going with it, will be following!

Matt

Yes Matt, such an easy modification, and as you say, makes a huge difference to the front end. And yea, love the 'stealth' idea, best thing about having a black car IMO :) As for the colour scheme, I'm stuck between blue (it is a Ford after all) and red, which I think might make it look a bit more 'mean' ;)

12 hours ago, b4zz said:

hi and welcome aboard love the front grills you have added makes it look much meaner from the front end,you where lucky to have them 18inch wheels with the car wanted a set my self but ending up buying a set of 17inch wolfrace alloys. you could always see about having your current alloys done in a different colour as in shadow chrome

Hi and Thanks mate, yea it really is a big improvement. I'm definitely thinking about having the wheels done at some point, colour is yet to be decided... will have to save up some £'s :D

8 hours ago, joeyjameslewis said:

Hi TomRickers. 

Thanks mate, and I bet yours looks great with the wheels sprayed black! Might have to copy that idea...

As for the grills, I think the link James sent you is the correct one. I found that buying the different parts (upper grill, lower grill and fog surrounds) individually worked out £10 cheaper than buying them as a set, so might be worth shopping around.

5 hours ago, Wheels93 said:

Evening Tom,

Just done a look up on your car and also from the pictures it is a very nice motor. Hopefully this doesn't spam the thread but here is what the motor has:

You have some really great features you can build build upon here like your footwell lights. Fortunately yours doesnt have keyless start which theives take a liking too.

In regards to the fogs give them slight pull from the front and the should come forward. Dont pull the chrome part as you may damage it. Have a look at other build threads on ideas as there are lots. Jbeers titanium was similar to yours and was a really nice example.

Hope you find the forum useful and welcome :)

Hello, That list you found is really interesting to look at mate, always wanted to find out the full spec list on the car, thanks a lot for sharing it with me! And thanks for the advice on the fog lights, was worried I was going to start dismantling the front end just to get to them... Glad it isn't as much hard works as I first imagined! And ill be sure to check out the Titanium you mentioned, hopefully will give me some more ideas :D 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomRickers said:

Thanks mate, and I bet yours looks great with the wheels sprayed black! Might have to copy that idea...

As for the grills, I think the link James sent you is the correct one. I found that buying the different parts (upper grill, lower grill and fog surrounds) individually worked out £10 cheaper than buying them as a set, so might be worth shopping around.

Yeah man they look sharp, gonna clean her up at the weekend and get some pics! Will post my own project up on here so keep your eye out.

Yeah I found some individual ones too and they worked out slightly cheaper.

I really want to find some gel Ford Badges! You're so lucky to get those ones from eBay!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joeyjameslewis said:

Yeah man they look sharp, gonna clean her up at the weekend and get some pics! Will post my own project up on here so keep your eye out.

Yeah I found some individual ones too and they worked out slightly cheaper.

I really want to find some gel Ford Badges! You're so lucky to get those ones from eBay!

If you want gel badges mate then send Ryan an email ; gelbadges@gmail.com. Send him a list of what you want and what model of car, should be able to knock something up for you Joey

14 hours ago, Iam2deck said:

If you want gel badges mate then send Ryan an email ; gelbadges@gmail.com. Send him a list of what you want and what model of car, should be able to knock something up for you Joey

Matt, you're a legend! Will email him right now! 
Thanks man.

Updated the original post guys, check it out! :D

Glad they came off easily pal and you managed to sort it.

In regards to the locking wheel nuts. Mine weren't that bad but I just sprayed them with some aluminium spray paint from Halfords and they came up like new. I have since got another set so I have two now. My only advise is that I would go over them with a bit of wire wool to try and get rid of any surface rust that would affect the paint sticking. You don't wanna go at it with a wire brush or anything harder as you may affect the locking pattern and then you really are in the brown.

• Like 1

Looks great man. Where did you get the FOC decals from? 

Once you get that lip done, the front will look awesome! Love the grills and the fog light surrounds! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wheels93 said:

Glad they came off easily pal and you managed to sort it.

In regards to the locking wheel nuts. Mine weren't that bad but I just sprayed them with some aluminium spray paint from Halfords and they came up like new. I have since got another set so I have two now. My only advise is that I would go over them with a bit of wire wool to try and get rid of any surface rust that would affect the paint sticking. You don't wanna go at it with a wire brush or anything harder as you may affect the locking pattern and then you really are in the brown.

Yes me too pal.

And I like your idea about the locking wheel nuts too, I think I'll give it a go! Thanks for the advice again :) 

Also had a look through your build diary, must say its looks great! 

In regards to the headlight 'eyebrows', do you happen to remember which kind of glue you used to fit them? As I've ordered some, and will be fitting them when they arrive hopefully this week coming. I also read what you wrote about how they take a while to fit properly, don't suppose you have any tips? :D

Tom

5 hours ago, joeyjameslewis said:

Looks great man. Where did you get the FOC decals from? 

Once you get that lip done, the front will look awesome! Love the grills and the fog light surrounds! 

Cheers mate, and I got them when I signed up for the FOC premium membership, got sent the stickers and also a 15% discount card for Halfords so is defiantly worth it. Get loads of other discounts too so is pretty decent tbh, think it was only around £15 for a whole year, not much when you think about savings if you use Halfords often.

And yea I agree once the lip is done the front will be looking good! Also been eyeing up a front splitter like this one:

image.thumb.png.a8025f795c4e3b38e5f6c646

And I've ordered these so should be fitted in the next week or so when they arrive!

image.thumb.png.8fd34178bd3a3dfd944f356b

Wanna make sure the car is looking as mean as possible! I will post more pics too, think a trip to the car wash tomorrow is in order. :)

12 hours ago, TomRickers said:

Cheers mate, and I got them when I signed up for the FOC premium membership, got sent the stickers and also a 15% discount card for halfords so is defiantly worth it. Get loads of other discounts too so is pretty decent tbh, think it was only around £15 for a whole year, not much when you think about savings if you use halfords often.

And yea I agree once the lip is done the front will be looking good! Also been eyeing up a front splitter like this one:

image.thumb.png.a8025f795c4e3b38e5f6c646

And I've ordered these so should be fitted in the next week or so when they arrive!

image.thumb.png.8fd34178bd3a3dfd944f356b

Wanna make sure the car is looking as mean as possible! I will post more pics too, think a trip to the car wash tomorrow is in order. :)

Cheers man. I will consider signing up then. 
I don't use Halfords but will read through the benefits of signing up to premium!

Yeah, a splitter would look sharp! I haven't seen the brows before, so that would be interesting to see once done! I will keep my eye out. 

Yeah I am gonna wash mine myself Sunday if the !Removed! weather holds up! Then it's picture time! 

Have a good one mate.

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

I'm sure a few members will crease when they hear this but I am a big fan of bond and seal. If you want it on and I mean properly on this is the stuff! Its very similar to Tiger Seal but is much stronger. It hardens like a plastic so really good stuff but a pain to reverse if you wanna get rid. I've used it a few times on my car and will be again when I put my triple r rear spoiler splitter on.

When sticking the eyelids on, I did it with the old man because you need two press down on both sides because you'll find as one side goes down, the other will rise ;)

Bit annoying to put on but we got there in the end and looked good. Think mine have been on over a year now. Peace of advise I never got though was when applying make sure your bonnet clears them and doesn't catch :)

James

P.S Just found a picture on eBay of mine after I had done them! Seller asked for a snap ;) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/600177-ABS-Plastic-Ford-Focus-MK2-Facelift-Eyebrows-UK-Stock-/331508716206?hash=item4d2f7592ae:g:p2oAAOSwfcVUKO2G 5th pic in!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wheels93 said:

Hi Tom,

I'm sure a few members will crease when they hear this but I am a big fan of bond and seal. If you want it on and I mean properly on this is the stuff! Its very similar to Tiger Seal but is much stronger. It hardens like a plastic so really good stuff but a pain to reverse if you wanna get rid. I've used it a few times on my car and will be again when I put my triple r rear spoiler splitter on.

When sticking the eyelids on, I did it with the old man because you need two press down on both sides because you'll find as one side goes down, the other will rise ;)

Bit annoying to put on but we got there in the end and looked good. Think mine have been on over a year now. Peace of advise I never got though was when applying make sure your bonnet clears them and doesn't catch :)

James

P.S Just found a picture on ebay of mine after I had done them! Seller asked for a snap ;) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/600177-ABS-Plastic-Ford-Focus-MK2-Facelift-Eyebrows-UK-Stock-/331508716206?hash=item4d2f7592ae:g:p2oAAOSwfcVUKO2G 5th pic in!

Thanks for the tips James! Will get my mate to help me with fitting them as you suggest. Checked out the picture too, looks like you did a good job! Might have a go at getting them fitted tomorrow, if I can find a similar kind of sealent like the one you suggested, I'll see what I can find down the shop... 

looks like the focus is coming along now fella and like the sound of the light brows will wait and see what they look like on yours and then I might just buy a set

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b4zz said:

looks like the focus is coming along now fella and like the sound of the light brows will wait and see what they look like on yours and then I might just buy a set

Take a look at original post mate, just uploaded some new pics!

Updated original post fellas :D

19 minutes ago, TomRickers said:

Updated original post fellas :D

Look quality mate! Good work!

Check out my project I just posted too! 

Keep it up man.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joeyjameslewis said:

Look quality mate! Good work!

Check out my project I just posted too! 

Keep it up man.

Cheers mate, glad you like it :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club