Do Not Sell My Personal Information

help with exhaust

nttrucker

I need a little advice please been trying to change my exhaust on a 2002 1.6 focus but as you can see I have manged to destroy 1 of the nuts and have tried everything from a nut splitter to cutting the nut itself without any success.  I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to get it off?

DSC00009.JPG

morning buddy , the dreaded chewed nut I've been there a few times I've had to saw or drill them off in the past , if you can make a slotted groove in the head you might be able to get a flat head driver in your socket wrench and get it off that way lube up but take care its easy to slip and injure yourself hope you get it off its frustrating know

thanks for the suggestion bud will bear that idea in mind for when I do eventually try again.

heat it up and get a good pair of pipe grips then all you will need is brute force and maybe some patience (sumfing I aint got) so the wife says :rolleyes:

• Like 1

did think of that but can't get a good enough grip on whats left of the nut with pipe grips

is there any way you can get a jnr hacksaw blade on it? or some kind of centre punch and just keep tapping it till it gives :wink3:

• Like 1

might be able too.  i'll have to give it a go at the weekend when i try again.  I went and bought a new set of nut splitters today so going to try  them again as well.

One thing I did wonder was do the bolts come out of the flange or are they welded into the flange on the flexi pipe side?

I take it you've plus gassed it?

Blow torch the metal it goes through while leaving an ice cube on the bolt head

Get that nut as hot as you can. A good set of grips or a spiral socket will remove that. 

In all my days of spannering, be it on warships removing equipment thats been outside getting washed in salt water everyday or fixing cars, I've removed many a seized bolt. To the above, keep the ice for the juice afterwards lol 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club