Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front lights

Gazza01773

Hi just in the process of buying a focus tititanium x that's had front end damage the lights have been replaced from Xeon to regular lights but a warning comes up on the dash when you start the car does any one know if there is a way to turn the warning off thanks 

I would assume the fault is because it can't communicate with the bi-xenon lights.

You'll need to change the car's central config so it knows that standard lights are fitted and hopefully it will stop looking for them and throwing an error.

Hi thanks so much for the reply, I am new to these forums so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong,  Is that a easy thing to do I have just looked at a you tube video of the ff2 program and I saw a tick box for hid lights would it just be a matter of un ticking that box do you know thanks again 

On a 2012 Focus, you should be able to use Focccus with a modified ELM327 cable.

I will say that these cars are quite complicated, it doesn't have a central computer anymore, but a complex network, so even changing the option to normal lights might still throw up errors.

Sorry one more would it be a big job to put Xeon and the auto levellers back on?

If the car already had them then not really, easier than fitting to a car which never had them.

Looms, software, configs should already be in place. You just need to replace the hardware.

You'll need the bumper with cut outs for the washers too.

Thanks again get the car Friday so you'll probably get a few more questions after then cheers 

Thanks so much for your help all sorted you have saved me a lot of money by not having to put Xeons back in. Could you tell me if there are any good tweaks to do with foccccus and what is the best fault reading software cheers Gary

Tyre deflation detection and hill assist if your car doesnt have that feature

Hi iantt thanks for the reply yes it already has that can you put that on any focus even the basic models? Cheers Gary 

Put it on my zetec, 5 mins configuring, job done. Used foccuus software to enable autolights/rainsensing after fitting a sensor and light switch, cruise control, sat nav, etc. So ive found it usefull

Sounds very useful! I've just brought a sat nav of eBay so do I have to change any of the setting or will it just run straight away cheers 

From what I remember I had to change from my small display to sat nav display in the foccuus configuation, there is a guide on here somewhere by jw1982, do a search and you should find all about it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club