Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

eBay Seller Woes

kpg

Does anyone have any dealings with a seller on eBay: auto_salvage_direct ?

I bought somethings off them about 18 days ago and nothing has arrived despite numerous phonecalls, all with the seller saying its out for delivery, should be there today, missed delivery, gone back to the depot.

I'm getting very impatient as today he said it'd be delivered by 12pm lunchtime. I sat from 11.30 til 4pm before I gave in and rang him. He said give it til 5 and ring back if it doesn't arrive. It didn't arrive, I rang back at 4.30 he said he check and never rang me back again after. Getting fed up.

I paid for the goods through PayPal so surely I should be OK to get my money back if I'm dissatisfied with the service.

I'm going to say to the guy tomorrow that if I don't receive the delivery by Friday then I would like a refund.

Any advice folks?

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

The name rings a bell but I don't think I've used them.  Your entitled to a refund through eBay anyway as it's way over the prescribed delivery date + you've paid for goods that haven't turned up.  I'd tell the bloke you want a refund otherwise you'll go through eBay and he'll get bad reputation/feedback & eBay might suspend his account.  

• Like 2

Just open a case with eBay by selecting "I haven't received my item" and eventually if he doesn't give you a refund eBay will step in and give you it. 

• Like 1

The thing is the listing was for a car that he was breaking. So it was settled outside of eBay if you get me. I said what I wanted off the car, he told me the price, I sent money through PayPal. He supposedly sent the stuff out ages ago, now it didn't arrive yesterday and I've been on this morning about it. He gave apologies and said "that's not how I run my business, to be late". So I have to ring back at lunchtime to see what has developed since then. I've done a lot of chasing too actually, even when he's said he'd ring back, he never did.

3 hours ago, kpg said:

The thing is the listing was for a car that he was breaking. So it was settled outside of eBay if you get me. I said what I wanted off the car, he told me the price, I sent money through PayPal. He supposedly sent the stuff out ages ago, now it didn't arrive yesterday and I've been on this morning about it. He gave apologies and said "that's not how I run my business, to be late". So I have to ring back at lunchtime to see what has developed since then. I've done a lot of chasing too actually, even when he's said he'd ring back, he never did.

In that case you could retract the payment through PayPal, disputing the receipt of goods.

• Like 1

most  sellers on eBay  don't give a flying feck about feedback/reputation when eBay don't block them

If you paid as a gift you are out of luck but if you paid for goods you can open a case through PayPal and get your money back.

Enough is enough, dont let him mess you around, sounds like he is dicking you about.

Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations still apply.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G930F

Exactly.  As long as you have the terms of sale in writing (emails/eBay messages) you still have a case.

• Like 2

Sent from my SM-G930F

I forgot about those Clive, good shout.

• Like 1

Ok, parts arrived today after 3 weeks. Parts were for a standard Focus. So unimpressed it's unreal. Initially they said there was a mixup at the depot and that they'd get me the correct parts this week. I agreed but later rang back and asked for a refund. Sack that carry on, I'm not waiting another 3.5 weeks for parts to arrive just to be wrong. All in all, I wouldn't advise buying from this seller at all.