Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace all shocks or just front struts?

GoldenLampshade

I recently bought a 2003 Fiesta Black Mk6 with 106,000 miles on it. It has had the front offside shock, spring, and cap bearing thing replaced very recently but not the nearside (which I think is a bad idea). What I am definitely going to do is completely replace the nearside front strut and the rear springs (don't like driving around on 13 year old springs).

What I have ordered is a full set of four shocks and springs, originally intending on just replacing everything as although the rear shocks appear to be fine the rubber bump stops definitely need replacing. Obviously the best thing to do is just that, but I am a student and funds are extremely limited. I am going to have to return one front strut anyway (in the likely case that the car drives fine with one new strut and one six month old strut), but would I get away with also returning the rear shocks as well? I am having second thoughts about how much money I am putting into this car considering it is of little value anyway. Are the rear shocks likely to fail any time soon? I hear past 100,000 miles is pushing it a bit.

Please share your opinions, any help deciding what to do would be greatly appreciated.

If none of them are leaking or otherwise affecting handling i would leave them as they are. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club