Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The ST has gone

The Dark Knight

End of an era. The ST has been handed back to the dealer today and will soon be on sale there. I am currently without a car until the garage I have been liaising with can find me a Golf that I have decided to go for. I'll give him until the 9th before I start looking elsewhere but I always google the dealers on autotrader to see what reviews customers have left.

The settlement that the dealer has paid Ford credit is £9.6k. So, place your bets, what will the dealer put it up for? Its an ST-2 with style pack in race red. 14 reg with 10.8k miles on the clock and 1 service carried out last year at that dealership.

I'll post a link to the advert once I notice it on there.

My guess, £11,995.

Why would you want to swap an ST for a Golf though!?!?!

20 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

My guess, £11,995.

Why would you want to swap an ST for a Golf though!?!?!

I'm going older for cash as we discussed in that insurance topic a while back. As much as I have enjoyed the ST, I won't miss the bone shattering suspension around town and over bumps etc. Looking forward to creature comforts and no finance now. I thought about a Focus but I've been there before and decided to have something different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Yeah but a golf? :(

Good cars, I've always liked them. Wouldn't be much point in all the different makes and models of cars if we all liked and bought the same thing.

• Like 1

Fair enough I just think they are a bit dull compared to an ST :)

They are but I'm ready for something opposite to the ST now.

• Like 1

Well here it is for sale if anyone wants a well looked after ST. £11,945 in the end so Alex was very close with his guess

http://www.geoffcox.co.uk/car-sales/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-fiesta-16-ecoboost-st-2-3dr-hatchback-red-manual-petrol-ID_13179882660.aspx

That's low mileage for a 2 year old car, someone will pick up a decent motor there 

Seems a low price you got there. I got my 13plate White st2 with 17600 on the clock valued last week as I was going to switch to a focus st2. Was offered £10950 trade in with a sale price £12990 the sales man told me it would go up for. Only reason I didn't go for it is the focus was on a 15plate with 18150 miles on clock. I didn't want so high mileage on an 10month old car and they couldn't find another with that spec on sale. 

What spec Golf are you going for ? 

24 minutes ago, 666Damian666 said:

What spec Golf are you going for ? 

I'm looking at a Mk5 1.9TDi in Match spec. Prob 2008

31 minutes ago, StevenST13 said:

Seems a low price you got there. I got my 13plate White st2 with 17600 on the clock valued last week as I was going to switch to a focus st2. Was offered £10950 trade in with a sale price £12990 the sales man told me it would go up for. Only reason I didn't go for it is the focus was on a 15plate with 18150 miles on clock. I didn't want so high mileage on an 10month old car and they couldn't find another with that spec on sale. 

The £9.6k was the GMFV on the finance and what I would have had to pay to keep the car. The dealer paid that amount to Ford credit in order to put it on their forecourt. If I had been in a position to continue finance and wanted to part chop, I dare say the dealer would have offered around the figure they offered for yours.

I see what you mean now I thought they had bought it back. Instead of you theoretical giving it back to the finance company. 

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

I'm looking at a Mk5 1.9TDi in Match spec. Prob 2008

Golf's are great cars but you'll lose the fun factor from a Fiesta ST if you don't get one with at least a turbo.

I understand you want more of a practical car now and I completely understand and respect that decision, honestly. Could you not look at getting a MK6 (2009) Golf onwards by the way? Just my opinion but I find the MK6 to be practical in all respects, my brother has the MK6 Golf TSI and honestly it's a perfect all-rounder.

Just my 2 pence, I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you. :)

P.S. Your ST is in mint condition. I think you'll like a Mk6 over a Mk5 IMHO as the Mk5 is starting to show it age.

Agree with the Mk6. My parents have a Mk6 Gt TDI, 140hp and plenty of torque, fairly cheap to run at that as well. 

They do feel extremely solid on the road compared to my Zetec S though!

• Like 1

There aren't many Mk6 around for my budget and those that are seem to be S spec which is not what I want. The odd one that is SE, is high mileage for the age. I'm giving a local dealer until next Saturday to find me one or I am off to look elsewhere. He's been looking for a while but to be fair, I have moved the goalposts a couple of times.

4 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

There aren't many Mk6 around for my budget and those that are seem to be S spec which is not what I want. The odd one that is SE, is high mileage for the age. I'm giving a local dealer until next Saturday to find me one or I am off to look elsewhere. He's been looking for a while but to be fair, I have moved the goalposts a couple of times.

Ahh I see, no problem. It's all up to you of course. How about this by the way? I've only done a quick look around and not looked at the details.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603121893057?make=volkswagen&model=golf&radius=40&maximum-age=up_to_7_years_old&sort=default&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&price-from=3000&search-target=usedcars&page=1&price-to=8500&searchcontext=default&postcode=DE21%207TF&maximum-mileage=up_to_30000_miles&logcode=p

All the best.

Disclaimer: I am no way affiliated with AutoTrader or the seller, I cannot vouch for the car being sold. I only did a search on the site.

On 3/31/2016 at 6:08 PM, alexp999 said:

Yeah but a golf? :(

Have you ever driven a DSG golf R ?? awesome bit of kit makes my little STfeel like a wheelchair lol  ....that is my next car in dec hopefully.

went out in my cousins last week got back to back 4.4 0-60 measured (vbox) not bad brimmed full tank 2  up and 1100 miles on the clock.

the suspension is fantastic so is the build quality...£34K for his spec though so in another league i suppose to be fair..also wiped the floor with the new RS focus from a standing start..roll on dec :smile:

1 hour ago, Obnoxious said:

Ahh I see, no problem. It's all up to you of course. How about this by the way? I've only done a quick look around and not looked at the details.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603121893057?make=volkswagen&model=golf&radius=40&maximum-age=up_to_7_years_old&sort=default&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&price-from=3000&search-target=usedcars&page=1&price-to=8500&searchcontext=default&postcode=DE21%207TF&maximum-mileage=up_to_30000_miles&logcode=p

All the best.

Disclaimer: I am no way affiliated with AutoTrader or the seller, I cannot vouch for the car being sold. I only did a search on the site.

Thanks but I've been informed by someone who knows his stuff that the 1.4 TFSI is a bit iffy on the reliability front. I'm going diesel this time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ninja_geezer said:

Have you ever driven a DSG golf R ?? awesome bit of kit makes my little STfeel like a wheelchair lol  ....that is my next car in dec hopefully.

went out in my cousins last week got back to back 4.4 0-60 measured (vbox) not bad brimmed full tank 2  up and 1100 miles on the clock.

the suspension is fantastic so is the build quality...£34K for his spec though so in another league i suppose to be fair..also wiped the floor with the new RS focus from a standing start..roll on dec :smile:

I just find VWs a bit boring that's all :)

16 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I just find VWs a bit boring that's all :)

Like i said drive the R with DSG then come back and say its boring !!!

it may look very tame ,sedate but a definite wolf in sheep's clothing ,that's why so many ? M3 owners are going to them.

It's not just how it drives but the whole package and I just don't like VWs.

They look dull and there is an undeserved (imo) snob value to them.

I appreciate we all like different things, but seeing as we have a common interest on here I was just a bit surprised about a switch from an ST to a golf. As long as you like the car your in that's the main thing. :)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club