Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

heko install

Alzy

Any advise on installing heko wind deflectors?

Got a 4pc set delivered today.

cheers in advance

Try to do the installing on a warmer day so the plastic doesn't get brittle when you bend them in.

And you'll have to re-teach the electric Windows too (if fitted)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Re-teach? You mean by forcing it up into the frame if it engages the "safety down" when it suspects a finger in the way?

I hope these aint brittle

They arent brittle. Plenty of pliabilty in them. You dont need to bend them that much anyway. Warmer day is preferred for fitting... 

If you could get someone to hold them in place, tightly. You can send the window up and guide the window up by placing both hands on inside and out of glass and guide/push it up... 

Where the sticky tape is supplied on the deflectors. Make sure you focus your attention on these points. Slide everything. Slide these points in as far as you can and fix the sticky points in place by pushing them against the channel.. ideally push away from the car. 

Hope that makes sense? Haha. 

• Like 1

Made no sense at all. Lol. Na perfect.

Thanks for ya replys all. Fitted them this morning when the sun was out. I did have them near me radiator to warm the tape up as the M3 stuff needs to be warm to stick I've read. Anyway they fitted in the window fine and the only issue I have is I'm unable to use the securing clips provided as there too wide to fit in the gap the window goes into. Had to put the window up and down a few times to get the window to stay up and no screeching, cascading noise as I've heard can happen with the cheap ones.

Anyway alls good in hood so far, just wanna see if they make a difference to noise.

A before and after pic

fitted wind.jpg

b4 wind.jpg

• Like 1

Next is front end. Got a few ideas. 

• Like 1

Zetec S front grille and surrounds for front end. I'm wanting this done! Regarding the clips get the handle of screwdriver and place clip on a flat surface. You should be able to press down on the clip to narrow it.

• Like 1

They won't fit in the gap even when I removed the deflector. I'm not worried as they seem secure as they are. 

The ends have a large overlap so would need forcing out, they won't just fall out.....I hope?

I had the same problem. I thought they had no chance of getting in, I haven't used them this time round to be honest, but first time round I tried em'. Probably more hassle than they're worth anyway.

• Like 1

I second that mate. More hassle = bigger head ache.

If they fall out they fall out. Not like they were £100+ for the set.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club