Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

People swopping off Ford.

jace1969

Had to put this out there to see what people say.

I know a few people who have sold there Ford (mainly fiesta/focus) for a Foreign car,name a few ( Nissan/Toyota/BMW/Merc/Audi etc ) these some of the main ones.

When you ask why they say ford are common and other things like go a bit more,like ''posher'' or something like that,they say the ford as been 100% but wanted

to go up a bit,i like to stick with a car that serves me for what i need it for,the people still like ford and never kick them in any way.

Anyone out there done this and reason why but in one way i can see there point.

I've personally been looking at other cars. Reason being you get more for your money with another car company. Though saying that I've always gone back to looking at Ford. As much as I love ford and have had 3 fiestas and my mother having a Ford if you compare their mechanical side to back say a few years I dont think they are as great anymore. They are a little behind. 

But then I go in further and a Ford is so much more customizable, they are easy to repair. As much as I am going off ford I'll no doubt get another ford. 

But cut story short my personal reason is I don't think they are with 2016 specs compared to other cars. 

You see the point that i can see and by the sound the people i talk to,i think with ford ''what it says on the tin it does very well'' then again

there is always that But???.

Had mine close to 2 years and been A1,they say about Foreign cars but next door to me has 2 cars,1 Honda jazz (wife) and Top merc and the Honda she

had from new,never touch a thing on it just 12 months service and that's it,its an 09 and done 80k + and don't miss a beat and never failed,not 1 part gone.

I'm not brand specific at all.  I find different cars are needed or wanted for different reasons.  Sometimes just for a change! 

Don't you ever fancy a change?  Never know what you might be missing if you don't try something different... :smile: 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

You see the point that i can see and by the sound the people i talk to,i think with ford ''what it says on the tin it does very well'' then again

there is always that But???.

Had mine close to 2 years and been A1,they say about Foreign cars but next door to me has 2 cars,1 Honda jazz (wife) and Top merc and the Honda she

had from new,never touch a thing on it just 12 months service and that's it,its an 09 and done 80k + and don't miss a beat and never failed,not 1 part gone.

My second car was a brand new suzuki - I won't start saying how many issues I had with it. It was from the factory to my spec, loss of acceleration, clutch problems you name it it was there. Never driven a car so poor. Anyway took it to suzuki dealer and they claimed nothing was wrong. I sold the car about 2 months after because of the decreased acceleration about 4 months later I receive a letter for a recall - the problem I pointed out to them the whole time. They are useless. I had another suzuki second hand was on finance but I was on a poor wage, abs light came on, was in the garage 2 months they never offered me a courtesy car nothing. That's when I went to ford and got the car I'm in now they sent a mechanic down to check car out - at this point the car had been though 3 suzuki workshops they still couldn't fix the problem, they told me replaced over 2 grands worth of things such as Cpu the lot... Anyway ford took the car on, the Ford mechanic came back and said 'never heard such bad customer service'  they managed to fix it though and that's a Ford dealer. They are horrible cars! 

Friend drives an Audi S3 as nice as it is, I wouldn't touch it - he got his from brand new and hes had it in the garage more times than driven. 

Never had a problem with ford, only problem I have with them is price is slowly creeping up on the cars and parts and not giving the monies worth. Though I do still love fords lol. 

My Mum and her partner have 2 Suzuki's from new...  Had no issues at all...

I know people with broken Fords from the factory, Ford customer service is also shocking...

You can't tar a whole brand with the same stick...  No one would buy anything, ever, if that was the case! :laugh: 

26 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My Mum and her partner have 2 Suzuki's from new...  Had no issues at all...

I know people with broken Fords from the factory, Ford customer service is also shocking...

You can't tar a whole brand with the same stick...  No one would buy anything, ever, if that was the case! :laugh: 

Well no you can't and fords customer service is shocking. I won't go to two dealerships (not owned by Ford of course) and they won't pay out for nothing without a fight. 

I guess they are all as bad as each other in the long run. 

I fell for mine on the Garage for sale for 2 main reasons,1 i liked the stuff on it and drive of it and 2nd had to get rid of my corsa as LOADS of

problems but i wont go there,only had the corsa 09 plate with 23k for just over 12 months,i wasn't looking for a car in one way but this ticked the boxes.

The main reason i ask this is my cousin had a lot of fords from fiesta being the last one 14 plate to focus years ago and now i seen him on facebook saying

he had a Nissan,so i had to message him to see why and this is where i thought i would ask as i have read a few on here going onto foreign makes.

I read a lot of forums before i buy and a few reviews but reviews can be hit and miss and forums are more true to life,person owns the car.

I got my Focus because 1.  I NEEDED a new one, it was a case of when it was going to pack up & not if it will pack up.  2 I love the interior, like really love it & 3 it drives very well for a family car.  It's so comfy & quiet but it's very easy to speed in it.  There are a few things that could be improved but it is what it is, it's a car that when new cost about 25-30k.  I could of brought a 5 series 535 touring for the same price I paid for this & to be honest, I wish I did haha.  

I bought mine because I needed something less motion-sickness inducing than the Peugeot 107 that I bought and owned for just 2 days and more reliable than the 306 I was driving at the time (which hasn't actually broken at all with it's new owner in 18 months!).  BUT with the same running costs...  And within half hour from my house...  So yeah, not a huge choice! :laugh: 

Majority of modern cars seem to have huge alloys with low profile tyres and solid seats with odd adjustment causing backache, even on comfort spec models!  Couldn't afford anything new enough to have an economical petrol so had to look for an economical diesel in a more comfortable (ie larger) car.  Tried a 1.6HDi in a 207 but didn't like the car, too cramped.  Tried a 1.6 TDCi Focus Studio and hated the poverty-ness of it.  Had been looking at a massively overpriced Titanium with rubbish pictures but rare options for over a month...  The price dropped by a grand online and I went over the next day...had a test drive...and left...  Went back the day after and bought it lol.

Full leathers with electric adjustment was ideal for comfort. As were the sensibly sized tyres.  It was just within half hour from the house.  And had £30 tax and book figures showed good MPG against other things.

I'd have preferred a diesel, top spec Golf tbh, after having a Mk4 GT TDI back in the day, but couldn't afford one equivalent to the Focus lol.  Stuck for what my next car will be though, I went through a period of barely going out at all and only doing short trips so wanted a petrol...but this week alone I've nearly done a tank of diesel!  So not sure atm, if it is another diesel, it won't be a 1.6 TDCi/HDi for definite!!

I think if you are buying new you will possibly get more for your money with another company. But buying used, like I did, you get a lot more for your money with ford if you are willing to wait for the right one.

Ford's don't hold their value as good as the VW/Audi cars of a similar spec. I had been looking to change my near the bottom of the range mk3 clio for something a bit bigger and plusher. Looked for around 6 months, test drove a number of cars and came close to buying a few, but didn't feel properly satisfied with them.
For the money I paid for my Focus, I could have got a 14 plate Skoda Rapid with mostly the same tech, but it didn't feel as "plush" in the cabin. Or a Golf, which looked sparse but nice inside, with very few toys. There were a number of DS3's I could have had, which drove lovely, had the toys and felt nice to sit in. But only 3 doors and the whole "French car" thing. There were also a number of Seat Ibiza and Leons around, but I did not like their dash layout, and they simply did not feel right. 

So yea, I can see why people move away from Fords, especially if they are buying new. There is a lot of choice out there and Ford sit pretty much in the middle for price vs spec.  

I've been looking at other cars recently, had a look at the new Focus's but they just seem too dull and not much of an upgrade from my current Focus, was driving in a Hyundai Tuscan and I loved it, very nice interior much smoother and quieter engine than even the newer Focus cars, get more for your money with other companies it seems, I do love my car and would like a new Focus in the future but if they don't change enough I will just go to another company.

Whilst I was deciding what car to get before I plumbed for my current focus I tried a (then) new kia ceed. Top spec car with everything in it. Decent looking dash and it drove quite well. I didn't go for it because it just wasn't there BUT I think by next year they'll be better than a focus as they'd have improved enough.

I think you get a nice bit of toys and stuff for your money on a ford if you compare to a top foreign car like your Audi/B.M's and so on.

I just love the drive and how it holds the road but hate the road noise and was a big thing for me to have one because of this,corsa was quiet.

I had a price limit with my PX so this why i went to a ford but i do wish i looked around a bit more at other makes and come down on the Reg.

I did look at the Honda going off how long the next door had there one but the Civic but wasn't that practical  for me and taking a 88 year old dad around and this why a nice quiet cabin was a big plus so was a heads or tails if i had the fiesta or not.

must be 4 door,i will look around next at a few makes,got to say a lot of the new corsa i see around our area but been there and been stung with problems.

You think a BMTroubleyou is 'posher'? They only get indicators as an optional extra! Mind you they do like to flash their lights behind you when your doing the speed limit and they're in the wrong lane trying to get past before they miss their turning!

• Like 1

My 14 plate tit x focus ' s road noise is very very good in that's the car on motorways is pleasantly quiet. It's a diesel too. Maybe coz it's a tit x it makes a difference plus the fact I've sound deadened the doors.

I'm a former British Leyland fan. I had the top of the range cars not coz I was posh just coz they were nicer. I went to ford after my last Rover car being a MG ZT diesel because they were/are the best replacement. Beemer's are overpriced as are Audi's Mercs. The Japanese cars are better but the Asian cars like kia are going to top the lot in just a few more years I think.

16 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

My 14 plate tit x focus ' s road noise is very very good in that's the car on motorways is pleasantly quiet. It's a diesel too. Maybe coz it's a tit x it makes a difference plus the fact I've sound deadened the doors.

I'm a former British Leyland fan. I had the top of the range cars not coz I was posh just coz they were nicer. I went to ford after my last Rover car being a MG ZT diesel because they were/are the best replacement. Beemer's are overpriced as are Audi's Mercs. The Japanese cars are better but the Asian cars like kia are going to top the lot in just a few more years I think.

Your focus will be a nice bit quieter as my mate has a 14 plate ZS and a lot better than my fiesta,if i always had a ford then i would not of noticed a lot

but coming off another car that was quiet just VERY bad in many other ways it was a bit of a choice to think hard,if it wasn't for dad i would of waited a while.

As i said on the start of this Topic it was to 'test the water' to see why people have changed and what car.

Thing is is that the Fiesta in this guise- yes its had a facelift is now quite an old car realistically and is being outshone by newer editions of similar sized vehicles. When the new Fiesta comes out there will be a mass rush to get it- Thats the one thing id like in mine a bit more tech in the dash! 

Fiesta and focus still top selling car in there segment , must be something that people still like about them?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, iantt said:

Fiesta and focus still top selling car in there segment , must be something that people still like about them?

Well it ticked my box and think it is great,i think the selling side is a bit hit and miss leading in a lot of ways as a few said on here and other forums/sites.

I would of thought on the new fiesta they would of done a bit more on the changes (on the pictures i have seen) as yes they have made changes

but not massive stuff.

For the foreign side i would not know which way to turn to pick one as i would need fiesta size,I'm sick of seeing these new corsas popping up but got to

say love it or hate it the inside is a complete change and i hate it,well the last one i had but this new one is a lot better.

You don't see a lot of mention of the new peugeot 208 range as i have been in a new 308 and nice.

On 4/1/2016 at 5:40 AM, jace1969 said:

I know a few people who have sold there Ford (mainly fiesta/focus) for a Foreign car

Ford is a Foreign Brand ;)

• Like 1

Ha ha , your not wrong. Not much British about a ford.

33 minutes ago, Jon84 said:

Ford is a Foreign Brand ;)

I was waiting for that to pop up lol

Answered a question i was going to ask,well is ford British but bet me to it,ok ford aside.

• Like 1

if I was to leave Ford, I would happily go back to Kia again.

Would never touch Vauxhall, Audi or BMW with any length barge pole. Mercedes I would rather put that in the class with Vauxhall (set fire to it!)

Nissan, I have never really thought about too much. Honda, seem OK but I have never found a car I really like. Hyundai, I would also try happily. 

Suzuki, not my cuppa tea, chevrolet just arent real cars. If I ever lost the will to live I would get a peugeot, or a classic rover.

MG I would consider, but I think the one that attracts me the most is in fact.... Skoda! 

Unfortunately the interior on most of their cars is useless, but, if they have modernised it since I last saw inside one, I think I would consider going to the likes of the Octavia.

Basically, if its french or German, I dont want it. If its Korean or Skoda, I would definitely consider it, if its Ford, I would most likely not leave it without a very good alternative.

• Like 1

How 'posher' do you want to get? If driving a Ford was good enough for James Bond it's good enough for anyone! 

Having driven both a Ferrari F430 and an Astin Martin Vanquish (way 'posher' than say a BMW or Mercedes) there's no way I'd have one as an 'everyday' car.

• Like 2