Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

I really cant do....

jeebowhite

Vinyl Wrap!

Some bits came out spotless, almost factory in appearance, and others, well... they sucked lol...

I suspect I didnt use enough heat, but I got so many creases its embarassing...

I wouldn't try it I would make a right mess two left hands:smile:

I really want it, primarily to cover up a mess I made earlier lol, but it looks really good on the bits that are decent....

I've never been able to wrap stuff either, slightest curve and it seems to crease!  Even pro car wrappers don't get it perfect though!

Also be careful if you're doing it inside, mate of mine used cheap vinyl on his dash plastics.  Came back on a sunny day to find it had all fallen off! :laugh: 

• Like 1

its made to look easy but its not

• Like 1

haha, would not surprise me if that happened to me :p

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've never been able to wrap stuff either, slightest curve and it seems to crease!  Even pro car wrappers don't get it perfect though!

Also be careful if you're doing it inside, mate of mine used cheap vinyl on his dash plastics.  Came back on a sunny day to find it had all fallen off! :laugh: 

now that's embarassing

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

None my attempts at wrapping have worked either.

Crease city, each time there's a curve:ohmy: however slight

I wrapped the roof on my last car, burnt my fingers lol.  Went on perfect but got 1 crease around the aerial.  

• Like 1

I got more than creases lol I need to redo a lot of it with a heat gun or a hairdryer.... I did most of it with a lighter lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

On 01/04/2016 at 9:24 PM, Preecematt said:

I wrapped the roof on my last car, burnt my fingers lol.  Went on perfect but got 1 crease around the aerial.  

I'm impressed, a whole roof with just a solitary crease.:cool:

No the crease was the good bit, the ends of my fingers on the other hand(on both hands actually) got lots of comments on it when it went round town, shame the rest of the car was naff lol.  This car will be getting treated to the same thing soon, depending on what I feel like doing to it

heres the final product :p

Soime of it really isnt all that bad, some of it though is awful...

20160403_145301.jpg

20160403_145306.jpg

20160403_145317.jpg

20160403_145328.jpg

Why did you insist on doing it blindfolded? Lol only kidding, I've never tried , looks easier than it is.

• Like 1

It looks better than it did before I started. Ended up hacking the USB corner piece to a mess and had to rebuild it lol

It's growing on me now. I might try it again later

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club