Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can I make my turbo whistle?

joeyjameslewis

Hey all! 

Forgive me for being a complete noob here, I have just brought a Mk Focus 1.8 TDCI (which has been remapped to give 30% more torque and BHP). 

It is however very quiet, no air/whistling noises coming from the turbo or anything. 

Will an air filter give the engine a more meaty sound? Or is there something I can do to get the turbo to sound more "ST Like"?! 

Removing the oil feed on the turbo will soon make it whistle, lol.

But seriously a whistling turbo is usually a sign of worn bearings, if you mean you want more induction noise then an aftermarket air filter may make a very small difference, but probably only when stationary with the window down or sat outside the car.

Anything you do to the intake to dramatically increase noise is going to make it prone to heatsoak imo.

I've had an mk3 mondeo, 2.2 tdci, remapped up to 200 bhp/465nm torque. and the turbo whistle..

My air filter was Piper Cross made, I had a "dummy" cathalyst and a straight exhaust pipe with empty silencer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club