Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eonon Upgraded Head Unit!

sean.kerwin

Hey all, just wanted to show my Eonon Android Touchscreen. Was a bit dubious about buying a Chinese stereo, but I've had it in for 3 months and it's amazing! Love having Google Maps, Spotify, Netflix (which does work whilst driving) and a Reverse camera!

Well worth the £240!

43d666917953245982ca769aed2487d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Nice! How's the sound quality and audio tuning features on one of these things?

• Like 1

Well, I had the Sony 6000 before, this is a lot louder, and can control the bass, have underseat 400w subwoofer with it, it's brilliant. Have a 32gb pen drive with a cracked version of tomtom Go and about 20Gb of music!

• Like 1

I'm glad someone has posted a review of this unit as I too have been looking at upgrading my stereo to one of those, but been a bit apprehensive about getting one.

Does it handle phone calls as well? Can you post a video of it working, or some more pics? If you don't mind me asking, how/where did you get the Tom Tom program from, would love that. Looks a cracking unit though Sean 👌

Hows the screen quality?  Just that the screen resolution at 800 * 480 seems low.  I am tempted to buy this product myself.  Also does it actually work with the steering wheel controls?  

800x480 is generally fine on those because unlike a mobile phone it's not just a few inches from your face. My similar unit has a 480 display on the headunit but will still output to 1080 on the rear screens if connected. And they rarely have problems talking to steering wheel controls, they nearly all work with either canbus or analogue signal (and give the option for either)

• Like 1

Bit of a noobish question, but would this be plug and play with the pre facelift Mk2 or are there any wiring/compatibility differences?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Same fitting exactly. The only probably difference might be down to the steering wheel controls which can be hooked up via analogue rather than canbus anyway, instructions normally included for that.

Thanks

does this support DAB?

I'm glad someone has posted a review of this unit as I too have been looking at upgrading my stereo to one of those, but been a bit apprehensive about getting one.

Does it handle phone calls as well? Can you post a video of it working, or some more pics? If you don't mind me asking, how/where did you get the Tom Tom program from, would love that. Looks a cracking unit though Sean [emoji108]

Got the Tom Tom app from a cracked .apk android site :)))

Hows the screen quality?  Just that the screen resolution at 800 * 480 seems low.  I am tempted to buy this product myself.  Also does it actually work with the steering wheel controls?  

All steering wheel controls work fine, except changing track in Spotify... Radio and cd changing track is fine, volume is fine :) the resolution is 1080 HD. It's a small screen but I watched a movie on it and it's perfect quality.

• Like 1

does this support DAB?

It does but you need to buy an additional box to go behind it. I just use a DAB app and hotspot to my phone automatically when I get in the car

• Like 1

Will be posting a video review of this when I get a chance.

• Like 1

On 7. 4. 2016 at 4:47 AM, hywelkidd said:

Bit of a noobish question, but would this be plug and play with the pre facelift Mk2 or are there any wiring/compatibility differences?

Wiring is the same, however, obviously the pre-FL has a square shaped stereo, so you need a fitting kit if you don't have one already. It's two plates where you screw the stereo into and a fascia plate. 

Could you please tell me how to wire to the lights so that the buttons light up and the screen dims when lights on not sure what the wires are.

2008 Zetec 1.6 FL

its the pink wire on the harness coming from the head unit, splice it to a wire that lights up something when you turn the lights on, id use one of the window heater wires, nice an easy to get to.  tbh, i couldn't be bothered, it lights up all the time and dims when you touch the little light icon at the top

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dee_82 said:

its the pink wire on the harness coming from the head unit, splice it to a wire that lights up something when you turn the lights on, id use one of the window heater wires, nice an easy to get to.  tbh, i couldn't be bothered, it lights up all the time and dims when you touch the little light icon at the top

Thanks thats fixed it I connected it to the light wire on the hazard switch it`s just above the radio so very easy to get at.

It was more the button lights I wanted than the dimming all works fine now.

Another similar android unit, is the one I've got. At the time I purchased it, it was much cheaper, and had better specs than the equivalent Eonon android unit. Excellent unit, no problems so far, knock wood. See my posts in the link below. (Go to page 13).

Is it any different to an android phone or tablet unless it's improved the interface is locked down and you can't use Google play and do anything more than the list of functions you buy

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

Is it any different to an android phone or tablet unless it's improved the interface is locked down and you can't use Google play and do anything more than the list of functions you buy

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Works like the phones you can download apps Spotify, BBC iplayer ect with no problems direct to unit.

• Like 1

Just purchased pumpkin dvd/sat nav,really impressed, had xtrons which had to send back would not play usb and making stick red hot

20160409_201624.jpg

Just purchased pumpkin dvd/sat nav,really impressed, had xtrons which had to send back would not play usb and making stick red hot

20160409_201624.jpg

A USB stick getting red hot isn't nothing new. I deal with computers and servers all day, I have a metal USB 3.1 stick that gets so hot you can't touch it, if you're transferring large amounts of data it's perfectly normal. But if it wouldn't play from USB then something is wrong lol.

The Eonon one doesn't come with a Native Satnav app, but I've got google maps/TomTom and NavMe on there. Can be used offline or online which is good

On 10. 4. 2016 at 2:42 AM, ajzetecs said:

20160409_201624.jpg

Was looking at this the last time I was swapping stereos in my Focus...can you please tell me if this has an iPod support? Can you connect an iPod/iPhone to it via USB and the stereo recognizes it and starts playing?

On 4/10/2016 at 9:54 AM, sean.kerwin said:

A USB stick getting red hot isn't nothing new. I deal with computers and servers all day, I have a metal USB 3.1 stick that gets so hot you can't touch it, if you're transferring large amounts of data it's perfectly normal. But if it wouldn't play from USB then something is wrong lol.

The Eonon one doesn't come with a Native Satnav app, but I've got google maps/TomTom and NavMe on there. Can be used offline or online which is good

doesnt say anything about ipod but has aux in which surely will play iphones, best contact them on amazon but its a great head unit, as you can see has blue on display but changes to other colours blue, baby blue,red, green, ink and white

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club