Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen replacement

guyster1973uk

Hi folks I own a very good condition Ford Focus 2007 tdci 3 door . It had a large stone chip in old windscreen so i phoned auto glass to arrange an appointment they came out yesterday replaced the screen 3-4 hours after he left I  got in car to go out went to adjust the mirror only to discover the mirror arm is very loose on the screen and the plastic cover that faces the window on the mirror arm is missing . They are coming back out this Thursday to have a look . Am I right in thinking it's reasonable To expect them to fix the issue and replace the plastic cover or replace the whole mirror since it was their technicians balls up ? I was annoyed when I noticed it 

Yep u are right to expect them to sort it

That's what I thought mate . I was less than impressed when I noticed it 

2 hours ago, mikeyd1 said:

Yep u are right to expect them to sort it

They're supposed to show you what they've done and they should check (while you're there) that the auto wipers work so you have every right to expect them to fix it.

The wipers work fine mate . It's just the mirror on windscreen is very loose and it's missing a plastic cover that hides the internals of the mirror neck 

On 2 April 2016 at 6:54 PM, guyster1973uk said:

The wipers work fine mate . It's just the mirror on windscreen is very loose and it's missing a plastic cover that hides the internals of the mirror neck 

Did you ever get this sorted?

had no issues with mine the guy tested the heated screen before removal then after the job was done went through a checklist inc mirror retested heated screen wipers etc etc

• Like 1

It's luck of the draw with Autoglass techs as to whether you get one that can do the job or not.  They're not trained well and end up 'guessing' how things come apart/go together which can lead to breakages (from a mate who only lasted a few months working there lol).

The loose mirror might just be a crap screen though, I had one come off as soon as I moved it in a previous car with a new screen!  Not much they can do about that except stick it back on with windscreen glue.  They should replace the broken part though.

If you have the heated windscreen make sure the wiper mechanism under the hood doesn't touch the strip that provides the power for them > YT link. Got the windscreen replaced and the drivers side failed couple of weeks after!

6 hours ago, artscot79 said:

had no issues with mine the guy tested the heated screen before removal then after the job was done went through a checklist inc mirror retested heated screen wipers etc etc

Me neither artscot79, guy couldn't have been nicer. I spent the entire time with him talking me through every step and even pointing out (and showing me) the original Ford screen hadn't even been properly sealed at the top passenger side! How it never leaked I don't know!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club