Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revers light

Speeddemon

Hi I have a ford focus 2005 1.6 auto mark 2 the reverse light is not working I was told it was a switch but I can find one one there any where.  So can some help me to locate a sensir/switch or relay fuse that might be broke and how I can fix it thanks 

reverse sensor is on the gearbox

reverse lights are operated via a relay and triggers the relay via the transmission control module, no external switch. i take it you have checked bulb, bulb holder and if there is a 12v feed and earth at connector for bulb holder?

i had this problem a while ago and before i started buying switches and stuff i took the light to pieces and give it a good clean cos you get a lot of crud in there put it all back together and hey presto it worked, check all the wires especialy the earth 

• Like 2

I need to take the bulb holder off clean it and the wires going to I know you say it worked by the relay how do I know if the relay as broke I never thought of the above just switches thsnks 

theres also 2 fuses in the circuit to check, think the relay is the one in the engine bay fuse box, you will see the big fuses at the back, to the right of those fuses there are 2 relays 1 below each other. its the lower one, you could swap that for another one the same in the fusebox, if you have multi meter you could do feed checks at the relay socket

i know where the the relay is but what number fuse is it i might as well buy a new relay bulb holder bulb and fuse then it should work lol

also any one got a fuse diagram so i know what fuses are what for my car ford focus 2005 automatic

Follow the guides link under my posts when viewed on a PC.

I have a PDF fuse layout for the mk2 Focus there.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Speeddemon said:

also any one got a fuse diagram so i know what fuses are what for my car ford focus 2005 automatic

does it not tell you in the fuse cover?

Thanks for all your help stupid ne did not check the fuses under the glove box and it was the very last on the fuse box lol thanks all working now bought a new reverse light holder and bulb to be on the safe side thanks

• Like 2

Glad you got it sorted m8, :wink: 

• Like 1

why cant car makers fit those when they build them!!

• Like 1

Because we'd have nothing left to mod 🤗

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club