Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dvd player usb HELP!!!!

ajzetecs

Slight problem, installed my new dvd player/sat nav, tried 2 usb sticks which dont work, one 2gb and 16gb, unit supports up to 32gb, now they dont work on laptop at all and they stopped playing in my partners car which they worked fine early today

XTRONS PX71FSF-B 7''

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTRONS-PX71FSF-B-7-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-sat-nav-NAVI-for-FORD-Mondeo-FOCUS-S-MAX-/370886154629?hash=item565a899985:g:E6IAAOSwDNdV1t3Q

The Xtrons is the same base model as my Eonon, they're just branding companies that buy the units and add their own software,

I've got a 32gb Sandisk Blade drive formatted as Fat32 and it works perfectly fine, pendrives are cheap as chips on eBay, my suggestion would be to buy one, format it as Fat32 and make sure it working on a PC, and then inset it into the Headunit, if it doesn't work, then you may have a faulty unit or USB cable.. You can always use a microSD card aswell. I use 2 micro SD and a USB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

its just seem like the unit has corrupted the usb sticks because they worked fine in my partners car, may have to get another usb like you said and put to fat32, dont mind formatting ones i have put laptop wont even pick up at all

Those chinese units are cheap for a reason, the build quality is what you'd expect from something built by a 6 year old in a slave labour camp. When you're lucky enough to have a good one, they're OK at best, but good for the money and features. Otherwise something as simple as bad soldering can have that exact effect on USB sticks, SD cards etc. It took about 6 hours, a replacement GPS unit, replacement SD card slots, bypassing the USB insertion detection and resoldering everything that looked rubbish on my Chinese El-Cheapo Xtrons unit before it was working fully and as expected. Try again with a Fat32 formatted USB drive and if that doesn't work, do not hesitate in sending it back to the seller.

One positive is that Xtron's UK people are actually reasonably decent and their community forum & staff are active & helpful too.

will try the new usb see how it goes then its going back

• 10 months later...

I've just bought this same unit from an eBay seller. It seems to have similar faults to the ones described by Synaesthesia - might even be his unit!!

Can anyone tell how/where to get spare parts and a circuit diagram. Also if anyone has taken pictures of the insides with the lid off that'd be most helpful as I doubt I'm going to get this information or help from Xtrons.

Many thanks.

Yup, it is me :) Have replied on eBay but just in case you don't see it, and for the benefit of others I found a pinout to the GPS board only here:

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/replace-rgb-signal.120686/

The GPSPassion forums are also a good resource. I've had a look through all my bits and bobs and couldn't see any relevant pics unfortunately.

The GPS card is based on a "Nowada 2450". I have firmware for it if need be, but it's the same as what's already installed and I'm unsure how to actually get it installed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club