Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joey's Black Focus Mk2.5 Titanium TDCI Project

joeyjameslewis

2 hours ago, Billyygibson said:

Hi, I know you haven't posted on here in a while but was just browsing through and wondered where you got those black gel overlay badges from? I've had a quick look on the internet but can't seem to find any. I'm definitely interested in getting them for my Focus mk2!

No worries man. I will be posting some updates to this thread real soon! Some exciting mods to be added! 

I got them from Ryan ( gelbadges@gmail.com )

They are great quality and reasonably priced.

• Like 1

Only seeing this thread now and liking the way things are progressing. Good base to start with and not often do I see a Titanium in 3 door guise. I like the approach with the list and crossing things off.

Saw that you had speaker upgrades planned and if you need any info/help, give me a shout as I did mine a while back and can point you in the right direction on where to find parts and how to get things done with the least amount of frustration.

Also, with the new ST wheels, which look ace in black on a black car by the way, IMHO, the car looks a bit too high now on the stock Titanium springs. If you're interested, I have a set of 4 Zetec springs that I took out of my car when I installed my Eibach springs.

Can't wait to see the rest of the mods on the car :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hassen said:

Only seeing this thread now and liking the way things are progressing. Good base to start with and not often do I see a Titanium in 3 door guise. I like the approach with the list and crossing things off.

Saw that you had speaker upgrades planned and if you need any info/help, give me a shout as I did mine a while back and can point you in the right direction on where to find parts and how to get things done with the least amount of frustration.

Also, with the new ST wheels, which look ace in black on a black car by the way, IMHO, the car looks a bit too high now on the stock Titanium springs. If you're interested, I have a set of 4 Zetec springs that I took out of my car when I installed my Eibach springs.

Can't wait to see the rest of the mods on the car :) 

Thanks for your comments man! Appreciated! 

I will take you up on that offer for help and info when upgrading the stereo and Speakers. I want to get a double in touch screen stereo in there and replace the front door Speakers first... 

Sounds good to me, how much lower will they make my car and how much you want for them £? Plus how much would they be to get fitted? Sorry for 24353 questions lol!

Thanks again dude.

• Like 1

No problem at all. Glad to help out and return a bit of karma back to other forum members as lots of people helped me out when I did my sound system upgrade. I was a total noob and lots of valuable information was given to me at the time. 

As for the stereo upgrade, a lot of information is in my build thread and if you can't find it, send me a pm. I will try to get back as soon as I can with the information then. I have a double din Pioneer AVH-X8700bt headunit as of this week. Just upgraded from the AVH-X2500BT. I did my upgrades in stages like you're planning as I wanted not to compromise on quality. I would recommend the Pioneer double din head units as they offer good sound quality and will not break the bank. Also, as for Speakers, consider Focal as even their entry level models offer excellent sound quality. Do consider running them from an external amplifier even if you don't have any plans on running a subwoofer as it will get the most performance out of any Speakers. My suggestion would be to start by getting the head unit first and run it with the stock Speakers for a while. This should make the most noticeable improvement at the start. The the speaker and amplifier if you chose to.

For the springs, if you look at my thread, there are pictures of my own car with the stock springs on. Unsure how much lower it will be in cm/inches. If you have the budget, I would highly recommend getting the Eibach lowering springs. Lenny's car had 18" ST rims and Eibach springs for reference purposes. Not too sure how much a mechanic would charge you and you would need an alignment after. Maybe other forum members can offer a guesstimate on price.

I am based in Dublin, Ireland. So, if you just pay for the postage the springs are yours. They are just sitting in my garage at the moment and I would rather someone get use out of it :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hassen said:

No problem at all. Glad to help out and return a bit of karma back to other forum members as lots of people helped me out when I did my sound system upgrade. I was a total noob and lots of valuable information was given to me at the time. 

As for the stereo upgrade, a lot of information is in my build thread and if you can't find it, send me a pm. I will try to get back as soon as I can with the information then. I have a double din Pioneer AVH-X8700bt headunit as of this week. Just upgraded from the AVH-X2500BT. I did my upgrades in stages like you're planning as I wanted not to compromise on quality. I would recommend the Pioneer double din head units as they offer good sound quality and will not break the bank. Also, as for speakers, consider Focal as even their entry level models offer excellent sound quality. Do consider running them from an external amplifier even if you don't have any plans on running a subwoofer as it will get the most performance out of any speakers. My suggestion would be to start by getting the head unit first and run it with the stock speakers for a while. This should make the most noticeable improvement at the start. The the speaker and amplifier if you chose to.

For the springs, if you look at my thread, there are pictures of my own car with the stock springs on. Unsure how much lower it will be in cm/inches. If you have the budget, I would highly recommend getting the Eibach lowering springs. Lenny's car had 18" ST rims and Eibach springs for reference purposes. Not too sure how much a mechanic would charge you and you would need an alignment after. Maybe other forum members can offer a guesstimate on price.

I am based in Dublin, Ireland. So, if you just pay for the postage the springs are yours. They are just sitting in my garage at the moment and I would rather someone get use out of it :)

Amazing, thank you! Could you PM me a link to your thread please? I can't find it - DOH!

I was thinking to get this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251810751443?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

Along with a couple of front door Speakers - what size are they please bud?
Yes I will consider an amp also as I may want to get a twin sub for the boot too! 

Sounds good with the springs, lower is usually better - both aesthetically and performance! 
That's really kind of you to offer such a lovely gesture - I would love to try the springs out and will ask around some local garages to get them fitted, or may youtube it and try myself! 
How much is postage going to be roughly? If you PM me, we can discuss there. 

Thanks again my friend.

• Like 1

Link to my build thread: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/52338-hassens-ford-focus-16-tdci-build-thread/?page=1

It's got a lot of the info about the sound system build and you might need to comb through it all. 

Sizes for the door Speakers are: 6.5"/16.5cm. Most major manufacturers have this size and you will need a speaker adaptor to fit them in. A good few on eBay and just to make sure you get the front or rear ones whichever you are changing at the time. I think it might be different for a 3 door car. Not 100% sure about that bit. 

As for the headunit, I am not familiar with that one but it looks like it should have all the inputs you are looking for. Maybe other forum members might have that unit/brand. I went with Pioneer as I had demoed it and liked it. 

Send me a pm about the springs and will look into how much postage etc will be. Hopefully it's not too expensive as it is quite heavy the whole package. Youtube is a great resource for how to videos. There are a few on there about how to change the springs on the Focus. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! 

I just bought this stereo - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251810751443?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

I am going to attempt to fit it this week, but wondered if there is anything I should look out for or prepare for before hand (like wiring issues, adapters needed, etc).

Any input would be much appreciated! 

More original post updates will be coming real soon! 

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone! 

Been off here for a while, so busy!

Anyway - I have gone and finally got myself some now gloss black honeycomb front end grilles! - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271832927086?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

Wondering if anyone had any tips, guides and advice for fitting them?! 

Thanks.

Nice project building up. . See my titanium build. Which will give you ideas.

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

What's up followers! I have just updated my original topic post with new pictures of updates and mods! Check it out and leave your comments please... 

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club