Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mirror caps and Powerfold??

Cookey09

I'm toying with the idea of chrome mirror caps for my Fiesta, just can't seem to find any...

Also, I'd to know if anyone has retrofitted Powerfold WingMirrors?

Is all the wiring etc.. There waiting to be plugged in? Or does it need wiring etc...

Many thanks. Cookey.

Never heard of chrome mirror caps being sold, it's probably too niche for anyone to make money off selling them. A local company near me do a chrome vinyl wrap and it looks amazing, mirror caps are £40 for a pair so you should check out companies near you, I'd imagine it would be a similar price. 

As for the powerfold mirror retrofit I have already seen a thread on here about it, where someone had posted photos of what you'd already need in place to fit them I'll try find the link for it.

• Like 1

0796db_56e110af8aee42fa9985d48bbe33d79b.

This is the work the company did, they wrapped the whole car chrome and as you can see it's quality, id definitley wrap your mirrors chrome it's easier and cheap and if you decide you don't like it a few months down the line you could just take it off.

• Like 1

Cheers man! 

Quick google found these for chrome caps... But wonder if there any more reliable looking sellers/recommendations... 

http://www.b-gdirect.com/fiesta-mk7-2009/fiesta-mk7-mirror-covers-pair-chrome.html

I suppose I could try silver caps in the silver produced by Ford? And wrapping ain't a bad shout either.😏

Not a big fan of silver myself, I'm on spraying the interior of mine to get rid of it. You could always self spray your caps chrome if you wanted to, or even try wrapping them yourself.. for sake of ease though getting someone else to wrap or buying those caps to stick on sounds a good bet. 

• Like 1

I just fancy trying silver and chrome as apposed to black. Silver/chrome the cheaper option as I'd have to get the alloys done black if I were to go down the black route and either remove the chrome trim that runs below the window which is worth £200+ or could wrap that to be fair... Or could just leave the alloys til last and see where I'm at once I've blacked enough out;-)

My attempt on an iPad app... Think of this with silver mirror caps?

image.jpeg

Can't quite imagine it with silver caps. Think chrome would suit well along with the other chrome bits. Seen as you already have the chrome it makes sense to try your mirror caps chrome/silver for 30 quid and change your mind to black than do everything black and spend 300+ and then change your mind. 

My mate has a blue s1600 and hes sprayed his white alloys to black and tinted the windows and it looks really smart! The dark blue/ black combination really works well in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I am undecided on the silver caps. I can pick some silver used ones for £10 though! And it's what I'm thinking mate! Add silver and chrome to places, places that can be changed/reversible. 

And go black if I don't like what I've done or fancy a change...

I love the look of the ZS grille and chrome surround! 

Rough mock up of 17in" alloys and silver caps.

My tints and Deflectors were added in from another one of my pictures 😏

image.jpeg

I thought you had a zetec s, just realised yours is the zetec. I have the pre facelift Zetec s but I've just bought a set of the 17 inch alloys you have added in that photo to replace the 16inch standards. If you haven't already got tints ID go for it straight away they make any colour fiesta look better. 

A lot of people on here hate on chrome but I think it makes a car look more premium with it, I'm going for the white/black contrast on mine though. The photo youve put looks good you should try it with silver and then if you don't like it you have a spare set of mirror caps for you to diy spray black. 

• Like 1

Oh also worth mentioning. If you want to see in person what the blue/black combo looks like buy a couple of cans of black plasti dip and spray all the things you want black. (It's removable if you don't like it)

• Like 1

No mate. Zetec 5door with Dress up kit. I'm wanting the ZS grille.

how much you get the alloys for? I fancy the 17's it's just I paid extra for the 16's over standard 15's when I first got mine. 

I've already got the tints buddy. I agree with you there mate! It does! I only know you and Willy that has mentioned they like the chrome! As well as myself. 

I love a good white chrome contrast! White black, yeah sure, but white chrome looks awesome! 

Cheers man! 

My current Fiesta as it is. (Except orange indicator bulbs, got them chrome too!;) ) 

and what it would look like with ZS grille and chrome surround! I want it so bad! But I think it will be a summer project. Spent a fair amount on it lately. Plus I'm going away this weekend, so that's more money down... But it's a definite plan! 

image.png

image.jpeg

Got them for £400, two tyres need replacing soon and two have about 4m tread. No marks what so ever on them which I'm quite surprised about. I'm just keeping my standard alloys so that when I sell the car I can stick them back on and get most my 400 back. If you were to do the same then it won't matter in the end that you paid more for 16s. 

• Like 1

True I guess buddy! £400 ain't bad! Intrigued in doing this... But I'm limiting myself to one mod a month now! Need to control my spending!😉

They're quite hard to find a whole set, I spent months looking. You should keep your eye out and just get some when you come across some. Yea I'm also gonna cool off for a bit I've spent far too much money and time lately. 

Think I just might mate! 

Maybe...😛

Hahaha it's so addictive! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club