Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elm327 software

Gazza01773

hi I have just brought modifid elm327 could some one tell me the best software for finding fault codes I have used foccccus with it but could not find the fault codes thanks 

Try Forscan as that's what just about everyone uses.

Thanks do you know where the codes will be I have tried searching it in the forums but can't seem to find any answers 

Hi,artscot79 posted a comprehensive dtc list on the 15th of January 2010,see if you can track it down.Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

56 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Try Forscan as that's what just about everyone uses.

Forscan only works with cars up to an including the MK2.5 MK3 cars need the Foccus software which does the same job as Forscan but for the MK3.

OP what are you looking for code wise?

Is the engine check light on?

Are you able to connect to all the different ECU'S with the Foccus software to check them all for error codes.

Hi thanks for both your replays especially simcor I have a fault with what I think is the abs sensor as when I go over a speed bump it comes up a warning of tyre pressure sys malfunction service required and all the abs lights on the dash come up but it goes of after about 2mins and back to normal so just wonder if it will record I error code to till me what it is cheers Gary 

sorry simcor forgot to ask is forscan no good at all for a mk3 focus cheers

Forscan is perfectly capable to diagnose the Focus MK3. If you use a modified ELM327 interface (or a Ford VCM 2 interface) Forscan will show all DTC codes of almost all modules.

In that case ignore what I said I could have sworn I read Forscan didn't work on the newer models and thought I had read that is what Foccus was for. Guess I must have dreamt it. 

Does Foccus access all the ECU's like Forscan does or does it access the PCM only? If it doesn't read the ABS module and sensors then that would be likely why you are not seeing any error codes.

Just checked Focccus is the elmconfig equivalent isn't it?

Forscan should be better and hopefully flag up any error codes if Foccus is not showing any.

It also depends on what type of system the deflation system uses, some of the more rubbish systems use the ABS sensors to count the revolutions of the wheels to determine if there is a smaller rolling radius of the wheel and are pretty useless. If it has proper tyre monitoring using valve stems that read the actual pressure in the tyre that is a much better sustem and a lot more reliable.

My friends Astra uses the ABS sensors and that cones up with a tire warning a lot when the pressure are fine.

What is the condition of your tyres? 

I was under the impression that when new tyres are fitted the system that uses ABS needs reaclibrating but I could be wrong.

Foccuus does config alterations, reading and writing to modules

For diagnostic purposes you should use the Forscan program.

The FoCCCus program is designed to change the Central Car Configuration, read the hardware/software version numbers of many modules and update the software of many modules. Despite the program has the ability to delete DTC codes but it will not show them.

The Forscan program is designed to diagnose most Ford models. This program has the ability to show detailed DTC code information and also has the ability to perform some tests and to show some realtime (engine) data.

• Like 1

Hi thanks a lot for all your help it is helping me out a lot. Could some tell me if the fault will be logged  by the car or will I have to plug it in when the fault is on the screen cheers Gary

depends whats your fault, most faults trigger a dtc code and are stored .

whats your issue? engine light on or has been?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club