Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint brake calipers?

Patrico777

Should I paint my brake calipers and drums ? And what colour ?

image.jpeg

Yes definitely.

Red works very well on dark cars.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Yes definitely.

Red works very well on dark cars.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Do you recommend some good colour ? Link where I can buy? It must be against heat right ?

I would say Red, or Dark Blue (won't stand out much) and I have a soft spot for yellow....but unsure how that would look

Bright painted drums look pretty bad, but freshening them up with black is a good idea.

I've done the calipers on mine black because I'm old and boring now lol.  But have had lots of blue brakes on previous cars, red looks good against black also. :wink: 

I would go for black drums and red calipers had the same set up on my old fiesta and it suited the car well.

As BobbyDee said, black drums, Don't wanna be drawing attention to those. I also really like yellow callipers on black cars

• Like 1

Ok I will get them painted red where can I get paint ?? 

Halfords paint is good, not the spray but brush on, i laqùered mine after and never had any issues with caliper temps affecting the finish ( and that was on a 320hp car with focus st brakes with heavy use)

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

halfords paint is good, not the spray but brush on, i laqùered mine after and never had any issues with caliper temps affecting the finish ( and that was on a 320hp car with focus st brakes with heavy use)

Could you please send link ? Where I can purchase now thank you

ive allways paint my calipers and disc centres with hammitte paint smooth like cooper or gold and allways looks and lasts well

I've always used Hammerite as well, both spray and brush, seems to work fine either way.  Also used some 'normal' spray paint to colour code some to the car and that lasted surprisingly well!  I wouldn't spend more for high temp paint on a 'normal' car myself.

Hammerite which is available from B&Q or similar. Red or yellow for the calipers and black for the drums

Red

black

I agree, go Red calipers but leave the drums alone 

Is my day off tomorrow will do it tomorrow 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club