Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium 2011 Sony DAB Radio

t0mroche

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on my query. 

Back in August last year I purchased my 2011 Fiesta Titanium, and haven't really paid much attention to the radio functions of the head unit until now. I thought when I bought the vehicle that the Bristol Street advert/description said it was a bluetooth/DAB radio, but I'm having trouble finding out whether it is or not as I'm not 100% sure. Its the black glossy finish Sony unit with the large volume wheel and Aux, Phone, Radio & CD buttons on the left side, then info, clock, mute & TA on the right. How would I know whether this is a DAB radio or not?

Thanks in advance

I have the that radio in my Focus, repeatability pressing the radio button will cycle through the different radio options (FM/AM/DAB).

I have the same sterio and cannot tune in the DAB.

Any help??

Soz to hijack but I'm sure you wanna know aswell t0m.

• Like 1

Does it definitely have DAB? Doing a quick search on here indicates that some Fiestas of that ages have it, and some don't. Even with the Sony radio. 

Checking on http://www.etis.ford.com/ should tell you if your car has DAB.

I have the DAB function in the menu.

I go through all the letter and number settings but can't get any signal at all.

Ive read and watched vids and they say there are 12 pre sets that you can tune into other stations from but I can't even find these.

You need to get it in to tuning/scanning mode.

I can't remember the exact term on that model.

So this is how I tuned mine in. Mine is a non-sync model so may be a little different to yours. 

First select your "band":
25978489490_194eb75183.jpg
Then select any "pre-set station"- empty ones will have " Block * " :
25978520900_144f040806.jpg
and you will get this:
26185092991_f1af6f3230.jpg
Now press the scan button. This may take a couple of minutes for anything to appear to be happening, eventually you will get a station:
25978535030_6216f4fe4f.jpg
You can press the left and right arrow buttons to cycle through all the stations it has found. When you find one you like, press "OK". If you do not press "OK" then it will automatically keep cycling through the available stations. 
Now you can hold in a number to save the station to a preset:
26251412215_b0bc532f43.jpg

• Like 1

Sweet, be trying this tomorrow. Thanks for the pics. 

No problem, hope it helps. 

8 hours ago, Arwen said:

I have the that radio in my Focus, repeatability pressing the radio button will cycle through the different radio options (FM/AM/DAB).

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

So this is how I tuned mine in. Mine is a non-sync model so may be a little different to yours. 

First select your "band":
25978489490_194eb75183.jpg
Then select any "pre-set station"- empty ones will have " Block * " :
25978520900_144f040806.jpg
and you will get this:
26185092991_f1af6f3230.jpg
Now press the scan button. This may take a couple of minutes for anything to appear to be happening, eventually you will get a station:
25978535030_6216f4fe4f.jpg
You can press the left and right arrow buttons to cycle through all the stations it has found. When you find one you like, press "OK". If you do not press "OK" then it will automatically keep cycling through the available stations. 
Now you can hold in a number to save the station to a preset:
26251412215_b0bc532f43.jpg

Okay I'm guessing as my radio settings are only FM, FM AST, AM & AM AST that means my radio isn't DAB  :(

I must have been mistaken. Thanks for all the answers everyone!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club