Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit space saver spare wheel to MK3 Focus estate

ElCani

Having recently bought a 2013 Focus estate which has only a compressor and a can of sealant in the boot, I would like to swap these for a space saver spare wheel. Currently the sealant kit is held in a polystyrene moulding that sits in a space under the boot carpet which looks big enough for a space saver, but I was hoping someone could 100% confirm that it will fit? I notice on the Ford configurator for the MK3.5 a spacer saver is only an option on the hatch, not the estate. 

I'm hoping to buy this: http://goo.gl/Ht8z3K

Thanks in advance. 

Shouldn't be too difficult to measure if it will fit.

Measure the diameter of the space, and depth and does it have a mounting bolt to hold the wheel secure.

Some MOT places might fail the car because of a unsecured spare wheel

Thanks, I will measure it, just wondered if anyone had actually done the swap. There is a mounting bolt that holds the polystyrene moulding, TBH it all looks like it should work:

IMG_7417.jpg

I have done this on a fiesta i took the foam out and put a space saver in job done

• Like 1

U will re use the mount  bolt for ur space saver. Make sure u get the jack aswell

My Mk3 estate has the space saver. It has a polystyrene moulded ring that sits on top to bring the level up and stop the boot floor panel from sagging. If you're going for a spare wheel why not get a full-size one? You won't be speed-limited if you need to fit it then.

• Like 1

I think there are 2 different sizes for the spare wheel space. I have a mk3 estate and with a space saver there is only 15mk3 between the wheel and carpet which ford has bridged the gap with polystyrene

I believe etis says if you have full or space saver wheels

just remove the polystyrene insert and it will be a straight fit. You would then be best off buying a used polystyrene insert which sits under the space saver, and holds the tools.

I've just measured the depth of the well on my Mk3. It's 160mm without the thin (~5mm) felt under the spare so the 215/55 R 16 wheel won't fit. I assumed the polystyrene ring made up the difference between the T125/80 space saver and the 215/55 standard wheel but obviously not. The poly ring is, indeed, 15mm thick.

you can either (if you are wanting to fit a full size spare) - purchase the (almost too rare) full size boot polystyrene moulding, or, go for a home job (as I did) and manufacture your own  :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club