Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync MFT question

ssbib

Hi, 

I am a new member who has just bought a secondhand Zetec navigator and I love it. I love the sync with my touch system and have even spent hours categorising my albums and adding he artwork using MP3Tag. I have found an issue I can't figure out which I was hoping someone here would be able to help me with. 

If I use voice commands to play an album with more than one artist in it (drum and bass compilation albums etc) it asks me to "please choose" and displays all the names of the artists on that album. I can say "play all" which it does but it doesn't play the tracks in the right order, it goes alphabetically instead. If I use the touchscreen to locate and play the album it plays them in order. Is there anyway to get it to play the tracks in the right order using voice commands? I have noticed that if I select the album using the touch screen, then play a different album and use voice commands to play the compilation album again it will play them in the right order. It's crazy!

Thanks but my OCD won't allow me to remove the track names. I imagine that I could get the same effect if I just label them all as Various Artists but I'm not sure my OCD will allow for that either. Maybe I will just have to use the touch pad to play those albums. 

Set the file name as what you want displayed (include track number at beginning) and delete the track name or they will always play in alphabetical order.

On sync you'll never see any difference.

Sent from my SM-G930F

If I delete the track name won't it mean sync won't display anything for the track title on the display?

It will force sync to work only from the file name which will display exactly the same way the track title would.

Sent from my SM-G930F

So if I named the file "01 title" for example is that what would appear on sync as the title? Including the number? Would it still display the artist name?

Track number and track name as the file name will show on the screen while playing.

Artist name will still come up as normal.

Basically Sync looks to the track name first when indexing files, by stripping that variable out of the equation it will look to the next variable which is the file name.

I tried many different ways to get my music to play in order until MP3TAG was recommended to me, now everything is as I want it.

I also get all my album art as I want it too (don't use gracenote settings as they mess everything about again).

Sync MFT is good as long as you take a grip of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Everhthing appears as I want it to now except for those compilations album I play using a voice command. If I manually find it using the touchscreen it plays in order. It's a weird one. I think it is because it recognises each artist in the album as being its own album and plays them in order. Is there a voice command to just take you to the track list on the touch screen or anything like that?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club