Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!!!!

danny350

Ok so, I've had my ford focus 56 plate 1.8TDCI for about 2 months now and on 2 occasions I've broken down. The first time.........

I was doing a longish journey of about 160 miles and with about 10 miles to go I hit a traffic jam. As soon as I slowed to a halt my car cut out and wouldn't re start. I was towed off the motorway by the RAC and when they stuck the jump cables on and turned it over for a short period it started and ran completely fine again. When it happened no lights came up on the dash.

The second time........

again almost exactly the same scenario except I was only doing about 55 miles this time and this is about 2 months later. It cut out on a slip road off the motorway as I stopped for traffic lights. Again no lights on the dash and when the RAC put jump cables on and turned it over for a while it started up fine again and running 100%. He hooked it up to the computer and it had a message saying "fuel rail system, low fuel pressure" Its currently in the garage and they can't find the fault. They said its possibly the fuel pump (£529 to fix) or the fuel regulator valve (£198 to fix) But they said there's still a chance its not even that???

I have asked them to change the fuel filter and open that up to see the condition of it (read that in a forum somewhere) As this is a lot cheaper than the other stuff.

if anyone can help you would be a bit of a hero :)

I appreciate any input.

Thaaaaaanks.

it could be a clogged filter but the live data should show the fuel pressure and volume

Yeah they said probably need to take it into a ford main dealer as they can't find the issue. Only problem is I live in London and work 60 miles away and it happened 3 miles from work. I really need the car and its 2 weeks before ford can look at it. Im kind of hoping someone's come across this before so I can pass the info on to the garage.

Cheers though mate for the quick reply.

get them to check the pins on the connector for the fuel pressure regulator, they can open up and give intermitant fuel pressure reading issues causing engine to stop

• Like 2

The battery and alternator are sweet. No problem at all with them.

That's an interesting one about the pins I'll speak to them tomorrow about that.

When I went to collect the car one of the mechanics told me I had a slight leak on an injector and around a connecting pipe so they are going to fix the seal on the injector and put a new bit of pipe on. Praying this is the issue but I'm just not sure that would cause the issues I'm having would it?

cheers guys.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

get them to check the pins on the connector for the fuel pressure regulator, they can open up and give intermitant fuel pressure reading issues causing engine to stop

1 hour ago, ippy said:

is the battery/alternator ok?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club