Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am i to fussy

mikeyd1

right guys heres the thing the last 4 cars i have bought i do the usuall checks then im under the car looking at jack points and the entire sill what runs front to back and u know all that anti chip stuff what the sill are covered in if any of that has been chipped of like a centre meter here and there and is exposing the primer underneath. I wont buy the car. Im i just nuts or am i right to check these things?

For a start, why are you buying CATS and then looking under a car.  Do you lose them when you buy them lol.  On a serious note though, It depends entirely on the cars age and as to what your expectations are.  Nobody can tell you whether your a bit cuckoo just because you check everything, obviously if it's a 65 plate car and there is loads of chips on it etc, then no I'd be inclined not to buy it.  But if it's a 15 year old car for under £1000 then it probably wouldn't make so much of a difference to me(within reason).  

• Like 2

Yes you are nuts, haha

• Like 1

Lol all the cars i ever look are from 1 to 2 years old and the cars are usually mint apart from odd chip on the sills my latest car i had some work done underneath and now has small couple of chips on rear sill now i dont want the car. I say some work they actully changes my rear beam/axle cause it was of centre and they reckon fault from factory now i dont want the car this is making me thinks im a bit mad

Ok for agument say im mad what do i do about small chips off the anti chip coat just leave it even tho its exsposing primer under neath?

It's a car. Cars are meant to be used. Things that get used wear. 

Yes it's nice to keep a car looking great, but to keep it pristine (which it seems like you want) you'd need to never drive and enjoy it. 

I've had stone chips, and some dents from a flying exhaust that smashed my windscreen at 70mph, on the bonnet and various other parts of my Clio. I never touched them with touch up pens or anything and none of them so much as rusted, even some that were 6 years old when I traded it in. 

If it is bothering you that much, use a touch up pen or similar. Chances are, nothing majorly "bad" will happen to it if you leave it. 

• Like 3

@mikeyd1 Hasn't anybody heard of this Japanese phrase? " There's an old saying: 'For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message was not delivered. For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost.' " Milkey, them chips will inevitably cause all 4 wheels to fall off :laugh:.

If anybody knows what film that saying is off, kudos! 

• Like 2

No such thing as too fussy (though I would say that as an OCD sufferer haha)...  Truth is it won't matter, but they must be using crap stonechip paint if it's coming off that quickly, no wonder Fords still rust!!

I hate any imperfections anywhere and try to keep things prestine for as long as possible, get so annoyed by the tiniest chip or scratch in something.  Not having the money to keep repairing things means I just have to put up with it though. :wacko:

• Like 1

The Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The anti stonechip of the sills and bottem of the wings starts peeling of at about 6 years old on fords, look right under the sills at the front or back and you will see it starting to lift, my work redo and paint the sills on fords almost weekly for the car sales so I wouldn't worry about a few chips, 

the metal on modern cars is 100 times better then that of cars 15 years ago

• Like 1