Do Not Sell My Personal Information

black edtion, getting new turbo (warranty)

zetec steve

my black edition fiesta only has 2300 miles on the clock ( haven't even driven it hard yet ) and the turbo has failed .

on another post I had made I spoke about a rattle coming from the actuator and the response from ford saying its ok and no action required.

but the first time a go to drive it the next morning..... I have fek all power and this is the result .

Well FORD so much for no action required eh!? .

Have been trying to get in touch with ford but no success .

Not a good sign did they say why it failed?

mikeyd1 , they think it failed due to the actuator not working properly but would to see what ford say when the get unit back for inspection

Not good and yes it will be interesting to hear the details of the problem/cause here too. Our previous ZS 125 was fine over 8500 miles. Used to let it tickover for at least 30secs on very rare (!) hot sunny days after a 'hot' run but apart from that did nothing special apart from an 'Italian' road test ie up to 5000-6000 revs through the gears two/three times a week or so. (Appreciate you are running yours in so to speak).Think I am right in saying turbo is made by 'Continental'? so would perceive of decent quality. Wonder if the low mileage has any bearing on it? I was always brought up being told by an engineer friend that cars work best used every day and at a reasonable pace when working at full working temps/pressures. "does it no harm to cane it every now and again, best thing for it" etc. Anyway sorry I digress too much. Main thing now is how good dealer and Ford are? Will they/are they able expedite a quick efficient repair? Hopefully it was just an isolated 'faulty' unit?   

• Like 2

what has failed on turbo? siezed up, bearing worn, wastegate broken , jammed? would be interesting to know what has failed and why. let us know if you can get detailed answer.

Not good and yes it will be interesting to hear the details of the problem/cause here too. Our previous ZS 125 was fine over 8500 miles. Used to let it tickover for at least 30secs on very rare (!) hot sunny days after a 'hot' run but apart from that did nothing special apart from an 'Italian' road test ie up to 5000-6000 revs through the gears two/three times a week or so. (Appreciate you are running yours in so to speak).Think I am right in saying turbo is made by 'Continental'? so would perceive of decent quality. Wonder if the low mileage has any bearing on it? I was always brought up being told by an engineer friend that cars work best used every day and at a reasonable pace when working at full working temps/pressures. "does it no harm to cane it every now and again, best thing for it" etc. Anyway sorry I digress too much. Main thing now is how good dealer and Ford are? Will they/are they able expedite a quick efficient repair? Hopefully it was just an isolated 'faulty' unit?   

Our 4 year old Renault Kangoo diesel vans have around 100,000 - 200,000 very hard, short trip miles on them, thrashed hard daily, not a single engine, gearbox or turbo problem between the 12.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

maltozo  you are right and I agree giving it the berries now and then is good for all engines .I ran a service/work shop for a main motorcycle franchise and as far as bike engines are concerned it does them good.

as for the mileage it gets used every day but the car is only a couple of months old.

the dealer I use is very good ive been using them for a number of years and so far so good keeping me informed and a courtesy car at no cost .

as for ford haven't had any pobs so far with warranty so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

iantt. the mechanic thinks its the actuator but will find out more when it goes back to ford.

as soon as I hear I will let you know.

so up date from the dealer . Just waiting for the turbo to arrive (hopefully soon) .

thanks for the replies will keep you posted.

I take it they are also going to be replacing the possibly contaminated oil lines, intake pipes, intercooler etc as well?

they shouldnt need to replace anything else but the oil feed pipe, unless the actuator flap has broken into pieces.