Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go on then. What are the best H7 HIDS?

Cookey09

Usual opening. "As the title suggests"...

What are the best H7 HIDS?

Im currently running Philips Crystalvisions, but they seem to get drowned out under town lighting or similar... 

So im wanting a pair of HIDS, what do you guys recommend, I know I've had one or two recommendations from a while back but I can't find them... And things change...

I also understand some people don't agree with HIDS.. But I'm not wanting them to blind oncoming drivers, they will be set as best as I can...

and yes I know, I've said I've got to control my spending, but I'm now doing a mod a motnh😂 So this will be next months mod! 

Links would be appreciated!

Many thanks. 

Cookey.

Hello pal,

I'd recommend searching for Richard Patch, aka PWPerformance on Facebook.

I bought some interior lighting LED panels for my footwells, map light and boot and they're high quality, swiftly posted and he is very professional.

I think I read a review of his HIDs (H7 35w) and for less than £50 the praise was so high!

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

Cheers buddy! Thanks for that! 

I don't have Facebook though.... Does he have an eBay shop? Anything? 

Apprecatied mate!👍🏻

You have to cut round a £2 on the rubber cap? 

How do they sit? Re: bulb holders... 

I think it's a £1 coin for a tight fit. I still have my old ones somewhere so I'll have a look. 

The bulbs are an exact fit to the H7 so no fussing.

The ballast units (metal box) I put under the light with foam numberplate tape.

• Like 1

Cookey, you've seen mine mate - 6000k from my mods list posting..

Couldn't recommend them more, theyre great. Definitely some blue in there but not overly so..

• Like 1

Didn't you end up getting rid of these though Willy? 

Hated always having to mess with the HID Kit? :( 

Couldn't be arsed when I got the new Fiesta.

Like you say it was too much hassle.

• Like 2

Willy, what sort of hassle? Because you seem like someone who wouldn't mind banging these in for better NON-OTT. lighting. 

I'm pretty sure, you've told me before how you wire them... Trying to find it now... 

And Chris. Yeah I have mate. I just want to know what the best options are and what people are recommending, then when it comes to the first of next month. I'll be shopping and choosing between the recommendations you guys drop me. 

I also second Richard Patch at PWperformance. Great customer service, his products are always raved about on various MK7 facebook pages. He is the go-to-seller. As said before his prices are very competitive at around £35-£50 delivered. They also come with a 1 year warranty :) He's a very nice guy to speak to, I've gotten all my lights from him and every unit is as bright as you like :)

• Like 1

Cheers Matt.

I can't seem to find any sites? 

I don't have Facebook... 

On 8 April 2016 at 1:17 PM, Mac9577 said:

Cookey, you've seen mine mate - 6000k from my mods list posting..

Couldn't recommend them more, theyre great. Definitely some blue in there but not overly so..

How would you rate/review them during dusk? How do they perform mate?

To avoid the dreaded black lines you have 2 choices. Remove the to tabs on the headlight (highlighted) or cut a tab in the bulb base.

• Like 1

This sounds like this is the too much hassle part? 

Mental block... The tabs you cut off, are they tabs that are attatched to an interchangeable piece? Or are they fixed in with the headlight unit?

I don't fancy cutting into something that can't be replaced...

The 2 metal pieces sticking out from the headlight. That's why I'm not bothering this time round unless these Hid bulbs with the wire running the other side of the glass.

20140121_130002_zpssoka8pgo.jpg

• Like 1

Whenever you do get a set in the future. Let me know what, which and how you about fitting them buddy? 

I know you've already done a guide etc.. But things change!😉

Yeah I'll update you when I get some more 😆

As for fitting them, there quite easy to do and don't take any time at all.

I think I'm being thick here, but how come the two tabs (which are behind the bulb when its fitted?) causing black lines? Anyhow, did you just bend and snap them off I guess, not needed for if you revert back to standard bulbs?

Tempted to get some off the guy on facebook since I had a nice little win on the national! 

The black lines are caused by the wire running along the length of the bulb. To cure it the bulbs have to be placed upside down in the holder but the bulb will only fit one way. The holder has to be modded for the upside down bulb to fit.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club