Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 1.6 petrol for focus zetec

John12

Hi sir/MADAM I have bought an 2009 1.6 petrol  focus lovely car a real great feel but it lately started to cut out while driving it happened within the city whilst in traffic and even on the motorway while driving along.
I have realized if I accelerate the car when I fell like its going to cut out because it feels dead the car picks back up its power this was done on the motorway but I do have to go all the way on the throttle. But sometimes it just cuts out anyway. If I do not accelerate it will cut out. with no doubt.
However after it cuts out if I start the vehicle back up and If I do not accelerate whilst in neutral it will cut out again but after a brief acceleration to 2.500/3.000 RPM whilst in neutral the car recovers and drives again then I might not see the problem again for weeks  but sometimes it could happen two times within two minutes. please help sir
JOHN

LOVLY CAR but it seems to be dangerous to drive as its cutting out on the motorway. Guys please help because I do not want to sell such a lovely vehicle

without having the fault codes checked it could be any of a lot of things throttle position sensor maf sensor fault with the dash cluster etc etc

Thankyou artscot79 

yes there is no fault codes on the imbeded dianostic also intook it to a garrage nothing came up iswell im very confused. Thankyou for your reply

it will require live data looked at does the Speedo and rev counter drop to zero are there any lights that pop up on the dash before I happens

No lights on the dash spedo seems fine idle is reasonable but obviosly when cut out its below the 0 mark

looks like it will need live data read then it could be a faulty throttle position sensor

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club