Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission fluid change?

ff2007

Hi all,

Specs says Automatic transmission fluid (including cooler and tubes) takes 8.9 liters.

How much oil should be put in after draining the old oil? Should it be the same amount of the drained oil including the oil that was in the filter itself?

Thanks!

depending on the box, and given I am no expert at this, it depends where the filler is. If the filler is just off the gearbox, the general advice can be to run it up to overflowing point, but you should consult something like a haynes manual.

• Like 1

This haynes manual does not cover CVT, Powershift or automatic transmission!

Clearly I overlooked that. Drop me a pm as a reminder, I have the workshop manuals at home and will see if I can dig it out for you, I will most likely forget after I add this post, so definitely send me the reminder.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

On 4/8/2016 at 0:18 PM, ff2007 said:

Hi all,

Specs says Automatic transmission fluid (including cooler and tubes) takes 8.9 liters.

How much oil should be put in after draining the old oil? Should it be the same amount of the drained oil including the oil that was in the filter itself?

Thanks!

At how many miles/years does auto transmission fluid need to be changed?

Technically I don't believe there was or is a maintenance schedule for it

I've read, it said every 70k km. Not sure if there is a way to check its level of oil?? I think the only way to find out is to drain it and see how much comes out. I saw some videos that rotating the wheels helps with the drain.

Anyone has insights on this?

OK so just looking at the workshop manuals, basically, remove the allen key overflow plug, and drain, then fill until it overflows. resecure and jobs a good 'un

• Like 3

the drain plug is the level plug also , filler plug is higher up the box.

• Like 1

Is this the right process in sequence? As far as I read there are three plugs involved in this process.

Remove the fluid filler plug

Remove the fluid drain plug (at this moment oil should come out, what about the oil which is in the filter?)

Install the fluid drain plug

Remove the fluid overflow plug using an Allen key (is this installed in the fluid drain plug itself?)

Fill the transmission with transmission fluid until the fluid escapes from the overflow

Install the fluid overflow plug using an Allen key

Install the fuel filler plug

Tonight I will get onto etis, print the instructions to some form of document and send it to you

There is very limited information on what this Main Pressure Sensor in TCM really does, it says it measures the main pressure in the system, it doesn't tell what are its operating conditions that should be met, etc. In this case pressure is derived from the amount of oil in the gearbox. This makes one think it should be a low pressure from low oil while engine is cold and once it warms up, the pressure is regulated by expanding the oil.

Does this make sense?

Agree it certainly seems a sensible conclusion

I just happened to find these on the internet...

All you need to check, drain and refill the system...

Check Fluid Levels.jpg

Drain and Refill.png

• Like 3

Checked the transmission oil, color was green and its level was good!

If these conditions are met and good, is it still possible that TCM is the issue?

Or ABS/ESP module?

It's strange how this issue is depending on temperature or maybe pressure??

To be honest it's worth still doing a change, green may be good but draining it will tell you if there are any fragments which should not be present. Tcm could be an issue but if it's a durashift then there are suggestions here on how to resolve it.

Thanks James! Not sure if this could be from a pressurized system perhaps in the Crankcase Breather? Blocked EGR ventil?!
Here is the detailed thread on this

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club