Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FOCUS DISCS & PADS REPLACEMENT

fishermam

Looking to replace front discs / pads on my Focus mk2 1.6 tdci sport, had the car from new and always found braking poor...as anyone else had these problems?I am not hard on the brakes, so want to replace like for like but improved stopping ability. Have read so much on various sites and have become confused what to replace with......any advice please.

Also why did not Ford fit discs all round.....cutting corners with cost ?

To be honest I bought a full set of disks and pads on eBay for 100 pounds, they work as effectively if not better than those I replaced. When was your brake fluid last replaced?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

On 09/04/2016 at 5:28 PM, jeebowhite said:

To be honest I bought a full set of disks and pads on eBay for 100 pounds, they work as effectively if not better than those I replaced. When was your brake fluid last replaced?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Have not yet changed brake fluid, 2011 model and only covered 30k, brakes were not good from new, have put it down to cheap quality and drums on rear

I find it's more the progressiveness of the Focus brakes which is poor, rather than the actual braking effort.  If you jump on the pedal the EBA steps in and your organs shift forward lol, so they have got stopping power, it just seems like you can't use it for most of the time.  I think it's just the way the assistance is set up unfortunately.  Drums shouldn't make much difference as most of the weight is over the front.  I changed to Pagid pads and discs almost a year ago as they needed replacement but tbh there hasn't been any real improvement in the braking feel.

brake fluid degrades over time, and becomes much less efficient. I can say this as I havent replaced mine in three years, and I have noticed a progressive reduction in braking, in the grand scheme of things, its not really a lot, having said that, it is noticeable.

I would recommend getting the fluid replaced, you can do it yourself, but most garages offer the service for about £30 or so, Ford I think wanted £45 from me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club