Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless entry

paddyirishman

Just bought myself a Titanium x sport which has keyless entry but its not working. Is there a wsy to reboot the system or get it working again?

Take it back to where you bought it from pal. It's their problem not yours. Happy new tit x sport. Great cars.

key-less entry can be a very expensive fix when it goes wrong take it back to where you bought it from and demand they fix it assuming you bought it from a dealer.

Does the keyless entry alwsys have a visable panel on the door handle (my car doesnt have a visable panel)?

I checked the spec on etis.ford.com and it says the car has "key free system" and "keyless start".

Is the keyless entry part of the key free system?

Yes keyless entry is part of the key free system. I assume keyless start is working?

On my Focus there is just a dimple for the lock button on the handle and the gap between the door and handle itself is unlock.

Yeah, keyless start works fine. Seems odd that the start works but the doors dont. Would disconnecting the battery for a while solve the problem?

It uses different sensors if I remember correctly for entry and start. I'd get it back to the dealer as if start works there is nothing wrong with the key.

Will give him a ring on monday. The key put a fault on the dash of low battery so i replaced it. Would this be linked?

It could be but if the keyless start works then the key is broadcasting the correct code. Otherwise I'd expect that not to work either.

Are there any diagrams to show where the door sensors are?

I seen the dealer spraying all the door handles with wd40 as i was going into the showroom. 

Is it possible to have the key free system installed but not have the keyless entry?

If the car doesn't have the small rectangular button on the door handle them you don't have keyless entry. The wording on Etis is misleading - both are referring to the internal key free system, i.e. the car recognising the key inside the car & no traditional key that fits into a barrel. My TXS is exactly the same - the keyless entry you are referring to is an option on the TXS (I can't quite remember what it's listed as in Etis) and this is a common misconception for new owners It was the same for me too, my wife's focus had the keyless start and the buttons on the door and I assumed the TXS was the same - unfortunately not :(

There are various threads on this subject on other forums. 

Thanks Wangarai. The dealer had it advertised as having keyless entry but he must have got his wires crossed as well. 

You can have keyless start without entry. I assumed keyfree system meant keyless entry, but just checked etis for my focus and it does specifically say keyless entry/start.

I didn't actually want it but had no choice on my car.

As has been said if your handles show no sign of sensors then it doesn't look like yours has it. You could always go back to the dealer and kick up a fuss to see if you can get any sort of compensation for it bring falsely advertised.

Its going back to him in a couple of month to be put through the MOT so i'll tell him to take a look at it then, it will still be under his warranty if there is a fault.

Thanks guys

As a matter of interest Paddy. Which tit x sport do you have? What reg is it? Can you upload a photo of your door handle?

The reg is HRZ 3261 but there was a private plate on it before.

Its a 2009 with 35k on the clock.

DSC_0113.JPG

Oh well. At least they aren't broken then! lol

Its a silly invention, i had it on a 07 plate focus yet its not part of keyless start on a newer car with higher spec.

Saves having to get the key out i suppose

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club