Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2 1.6 TDCi Titanium Replacement Wheel Nuts

Stophen

Hi,

I have a standard Focus MK2 1.6 TDCi Titanium and am getting fed up with replacing the wheel nuts everything time I remove the wheels.

The nuts are standard with the thin outer casing that keeps popping off ever time I attach the socket (http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FEBI-29463-Wheel-Nut-Front-Axle-left-or-right-Rear-Axle-left-or-right-/291705832091?txnId=1286027270019).

Can anybody suggest an alternative where I won't have this problem i.e. The outer casing won't come loose / fall off or crumple when torque is applied?

Many thanks,

Stophen.

• Like 1

They only fall off when they get old, they're tight to start with, over a year ago I replaced about 6 of mine with brand new Ford ones (a mate works at Ford and had them spare) and I haven't had any of the new ones come loose yet...

2 hours ago, Stophen said:

Hi,

I have a standard Focus MK2 1.6 TDCi Titanium and am getting fed up with replacing the wheel nuts everything time I remove the wheels.

The nuts are standard with the thin outer casing that keeps popping off ever time I attach the socket (http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FEBI-29463-Wheel-Nut-Front-Axle-left-or-right-Rear-Axle-left-or-right-/291705832091?txnId=1286027270019).

Can anybody suggest an alternative where I won't have this problem i.e. The outer casing won't come loose / fall off or crumple when torque is applied?

Many thanks,

Stophen.

Hi,
I had the same trouble with stock 19mm ford nuts there cheese coated in a thin foil layer of aluminium, 

When the thin layer slides off they become 18mm nuts which warp the stock wheel brace, 

In some cases the thin layer warps round the nut resulting in a screwdriver and hammer job to remove from the nut.

This all happened to me in the past, 
The nuts are M12x1.5 
Here's the kit I purchased solid one piece nuts no cheese 

Also see thread here where images displayed 

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The wheel nuts look good although they don't seem to be compatible with my model (according to eBay). Any suggestions?

Cheers, Stophen.

ford have changed design of the nuts now so they are 1 piece,

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the information, where can I get these from / what am I searching for?

Cheers, Stophen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club