Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk7 exhaust advice

grainger7

i've got a mk7 zetec S and i am thinking of having the catback exhaust from pumaspeed fitted to give it a bit more grunt.

i think the exhaust should be louder and the tailpipes should be on show to match the look of the car.

my concern is that it will be too loud and sound like a boyracers car, i read that michelle said hers was loud.

was wondering how loud it would be and if its a good idea

any advice welcome

thanks in advance, mike

i've got a mk7 zetec S and i am thinking of having the catback exhaust from pumaspeed fitted to give it a bit more grunt.

i think the exhaust should be louder and the tailpipes should be on show to match the look of the car.

my concern is that it will be too loud and sound like a boyracers car, i read that michelle said hers was loud.

was wondering how loud it would be and if its a good idea

any advice welcome

thanks in advance, mike

it is as loud as iv'e heard and had but don't for get michele myself and some others have complete systems including stanless manifold so it will sound different to just the cat back system.I think the full system sounds awsome and often have to drive with the window at halfcock and go into multi storey car parks so i can hear it :lol: :P

it is as loud as iv'e heard and had but don't for get michele myself and some others have complete systems including stanless manifold so it will sound different to just the cat back system.I think the full system sounds awsome and often have to drive with the window at halfcock and go into multi storey car parks so i can hear it :lol: :P

will i still get the same sound or will it just sound crappy.

love the car parks idea

will i still get the same sound or will it just sound crappy.

love the car parks idea

can't say as i have never heard the cat back system but if you search on here the is some 1 having a lot of trouble with puma speed and there upgrades so do your research then chat about it good luck

and whatever youre thinking DONT go for the power upgrade yet untill they have fixed the problems as i'm still having trouble with Pumaspeed. (not a helpfull company very poor)

taken from topic on page 1 (changes to the fez)

and whatever youre thinking DONT go for the power upgrade yet untill they have fixed the problems as i'm still having trouble with Pumaspeed. (not a helpfull company very poor)

Everyone would have trouble if they remove the cat from the exhaust . :lol: My car runs perfectly with the Pumaspeed full system exhaust because I had a sport cat fitted to it. :)

no plans for the power upgrade, does anyone know of any other ford tuning places

mountune is a bit far away, i live in the north west (manchester)

Everyone would have trouble if they remove the cat from the exhaust . :lol: My car runs perfectly with the Pumaspeed full system exhaust because I had a sport cat fitted to it. :)

ashman is the catback a good idea or a waste of money, i'm not after the power upgrade, just the noise and tailpipes showing

will i have any problems doing it this way

• Like 1

dont know about the zetec S,but my 1.25 has a nice,loud stock exhaust,it sounds just like this german fiesta:

ashman is the catback a good idea or a waste of money, i'm not after the power upgrade, just the noise and tailpipes showing

will i have any problems doing it this way

Its a good sound,doesnt take long to fit. :D these are the milltek tips on my exhaust. Picture095.jpg

yeh that's waht i have a de-cat and the same system as you from pumaspeed.

3940253505_5e53c2ef5c.jpg

heres the Miltech tips pumaspeed use, realy like them :)

Does anybody know if the exhaust can be cut into plastic (excuse poor wording) like the ST

st%20rear%20spoiler.jpg

i havnt seen it done before . but ive jsut found a link to the european version:

linky

bastuck_mk7_twin.jpg

or

fiesta_mk7_stofflerhd.jpg

Really like the second one, although would prefer just one single exit as oppose to one exit either side. Splitter is not to bad either, shame about the colour though

Still glad it can be done as I read a while back someone "claiming" that it couldn't be done, cant remember where though but it wasn't on here

i havnt seen it done before . but ive jsut found a link to the european version:

linky

bastuck_mk7_twin.jpg

or

fiesta_mk7_stofflerhd.jpg

love the rear thingy bumper?spliter on the second pick may have to see where u get from

love the rear thingy bumper?spliter on the second pick may have to see where u get from

its called a rear splitter and its 297.38EUR including vat. clicky

Hey, where did you get the sport cat from? sounds klass. Also do you think that there would be much noise of the cat back and de-cat on a 1.6TDCi?

Thanks

Hey, where did you get the sport cat from? sounds klass. Also do you think that there would be much noise of the cat back and de-cat on a 1.6TDCi?

Thanks

Pumaspeed did the conversion.Give them a ring about the tdci exhaust. :D

Thanks

i currently have a de-cat and it sounds realy nice especialy in the high end :)

the only problem with a de-cat is the fact it messes around with the ecu and its rather embarasing seeing your car trying to stall for no reason :( (am going back to pumaspeed sometime next week, and will see what they have to say)

• 2 weeks later...

call me sad but i cant see the point in the noisy drain pipe exhausts.

the way i see it is the people who are interested in fast cars know its just a stupid exhaust making the 'grunt' noise, other people who aren't interested in fast cars and boy racers just find it annoying

so whats the point!

call me sad but i cant see the point in the noisy drain pipe exhausts.

the way i see it is the people who are interested in fast cars know its just a stupid exhaust making the 'grunt' noise, other people who aren't interested in fast cars and boy racers just find it annoying

so whats the point!

Partly agree. My reason for getting the Fiesta was to get a slower/sensible A - B car rather than a high performance car. I like the idea of the mountune kit as that gives it a good bit of power (nearly as much as the fastest focus ommitting the ST/RS in a much lighter body).

I've became quite attached to mine though, its a really nice small car. It has me that attached that if they do bring out a proper performance model (st/rs) & its topping 200bhp then I'll get one right off the bat.

I can't see them releasing a 200bhp fiesta for quite some time though, the focus ST is only 225bhp so a 200bhp Fiesta is likely to kill sales in the Focus ST right away.

Still, I'd just love one of these Fiestas with the same type of power on offer from a Civic Type-R.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club