Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery

Ant123

I have a Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 2008 .im having a problem when I start my car the front lights flash on while I'm trying to start the car and it's draining my battery I just wondered if anybody else has had these issues and if so does any body no what the problem is and how to fix it 

Chances are your battery is knackered. On my ZTT I used to own flashing headlights whilst trying to start it was an indication the battery was goosed. I would not be surprised if the same applies to most cars these days. 

• Like 2

Had the same problem, one new battery later and problem solved. when voltage was checked using the dashboard trick it was 11.8 volts!

• Like 1

If it's on its original battery then it has lasted very well. People often forget about the condition and age of a battery being important. And usually it is winter time when the battery is most stressed and fails, people always get caught out by this in the winter. Battery should really be replaced every 4-5 years ideally in my opinion. Unless sooner because of an over or undercharging alternator etc killing the battery.

• Like 1

don't talk to me about batteries had st , bike ,and jump starter battery go flat on me at the beginning of the year

6 hours ago, Ant123 said:

Thanks to both of you guess it's a new battery for me then

Make sure you get a silver calcium battery and not a lead acid one.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club