Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2005 1.6 TDCI Loose Engine Hose

eyeless47

Hi all

I have a hose in my engine bay which has come off and seems to fit very loosely.

I've already had to replace the hose once, but have forgotten what the hell the hose is for!

Firstly, if you could tell me what the hose is for that would be great, also should the hose be so loose? It just sits round the plastic clip so isn't very secure at all, it has come off a couple of times and spurts plenty of oil out of it. Should the hose be this loose or should there be a clip that sits around it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

IMG_20160411_174746.jpg

That's the crankcase breather hose it should have a plastic clip around the end of it but you've obviously lost yours. It will create a right mess under the bonnet if it's not secured properly

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have the plastic clip on the crankcase end, but the hose just sits around it with no real fix to it. The hose wouldn't have expanded to lose suction on the clip or anything would you think?

It's not the original hose. Where it joins the air hose it's held on with circlip on yours it's meant to be one complete piece. I would guess previous owner cut it off and might have tried to fit an oil catch can but you really need a new air hose

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I found after market parts utterly crap, didn't seal properly, go to ford and get the right part.

I'd normally agree but      Bought the one in the link above 10,000 miles ago 

no leaks , still looks as new as when I bought it. 

up to you, I think the ford part set me back about 20 quid, the aftermarket one was abut 15 including the large section, whilst it fit, the O-ring on mine must have been a fraction too small, the ford part worked no bother at all, I guess if it works than great, but if it doesn't, for the sake of a fiver, id go ford next time(you don't need the large section anyway unless its split) 

On 12/04/2016 at 8:29 PM, Dee_82 said:

up to you, I think the ford part set me back about 20 quid, the aftermarket one was abut 15 including the large section, whilst it fit, the O-ring on mine must have been a fraction too small, the ford part worked no bother at all, I guess if it works than great, but if it doesn't, for the sake of a fiver, id go ford next time(you don't need the large section anyway unless its split) 

I went to Ford for a cost for this pipe and it was !Removed! expensive, you can't buy just the small pipe it is a one piece pipe. I bought an aftermarket one of eBay like that listing and it fits perfectly. IIRC the Ford part was £70 odd quid which I thought was ridiculous.

• Like 1

lucky you all havent got a later focus 1.6, you can double the £70

ill check microcat but I did get that small pipe with the connector, originally I wanted the plastic connector but that wasn't sold separately.  the only thing that might make this different for this hose is that this hose in the picture is the older design, ive got the newer one

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=16+tdci+air+filter+turbo+hose&view=detailv2&&id=4DE254C7C4EEDDDAF0633703C1B3DFDED6715522&selectedIndex=80&ccid=FvLPhCYu&simid=608026697010515721&thid=OIP.M16f2cf84262ed9ea2e70edf45fe5017do0&ajaxhist=0

As above, my local ford place wouldn't sell me just the pipe either.  

Tried buying the 2 rubber Intercooler pipe collars that fit over the ends on the plastic Intercooler pipe on the drivers side as well.  

They wouidnt sell me those on their own either. Whole pipe was over £125 

Then I'm a lucky chap It seems, perhaps they had a nackard one sitting around, the replacement aftermarket one that apparently came from turkey was a pile of crap, it did have the two sections though, the larger section did become useful after I over tightened the ford one and it got ripped to shreds, but that little pipe with the daft plastic connector never did the job.  The ford one worked fine (which came in its own little bag) after which I pulled the rubber hose off the connector and used my own silicone hose to my catch can.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club