Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rev Limiter or not ??

EzzyRallyBoy

Does the Mk7 have some sort of built in rev limiter that say cuts in at 6,500 revs or something like that so you can't rev the knackers of it and blow it up ??

Anyone tried ??

What maximum revs did you get upto and in what gear ??

Does the Mk7 have some sort of built in rev limiter that say cuts in at 6,500 revs or something like that so you can't rev the knackers of it and blow it up ??

Anyone tried ??

you will be lucky to get there in top but in between gears red line all the way(but have heard that the torque is the best at 5,500 in a standard car) but i'm just a boy racer who loves the sound of my exhaust

and believe a car is for driving proper in and not mambe pambeing around in i love it..

Whist in a dual with an astra GSi - high rev's all the way through the gears, Young fezza was tame at 115mph and wouldn't give much more.

I may of used some redline in 2nd and 3rd but i feel the TDCi pulls like a dream in higher gears.

I wont rev to limiter in Neutral... :blink:

When I took a Zetec-S out on a test drive, I asked the salesman what it limits at, and if I was allowed to try it.. he obliged *fool* ;) :lol:

In 2nd it went to about 6500/6700rpm and then stayed there, it didn't bounce or anything. I then changed to third and it kept going.

I've not done it in mine, the most mine has seen is 6000rpm but the torque lags at 5500rpm (as per rolling road).. which is the best place to change.

Since having the Mountune Kit the torque level should be higher, and the limiter too, so will be going back to see the difference.

you will be lucky to get there in top but in between gears red line all the way(but have heard that the torque is the best at 5,500 in a standard car) but i'm just a boy racer who loves the sound of my exhaust

and believe a car is for driving proper in and not mambe pambeing around in i love it..

Please don't kill anyone.

I have a question for the 1.4 automatic owners. At how many rpm does it change gears usually? Does it change behavior if you're pressing the pedal all the way, i.e. lets you stay on a lower gear for longer?

And when it's on manual mode, how much revs can you go up to before it forces you to change?

Please don't kill anyone.

i must add that i am 42, and all though i do like to go fast i feel my advanced driving courses i have carried out through various lines of driving qualifications more than make up for it.And yes i no there all ways another idiot out there on the road or even 10 more.and yes accidents will happen ,And as i drive professionally for a living i should be safe and never tale gate,and use the three second rule and some time up to 5 car in front to see what is going on, o and i also have three rear facing mirrors on my car and use them regularly more than i have seen by the number of cars driving along with there side mirrors folded in where they can't be bothered to move them when they get out of the garage.o and i also ride on two wheels so i see it from both sides,and yes i also drive lorries as well so that also covers me to see from there point of view. rant over :angry: :angry: (perhaps a smiley might of helped) excue me had a bad day at work (!Removed! cyclists) :P :lol: :lol:

i must add that i am 42, and all though i do like to go fast i feel my advanced driving courses i have carried out through various lines of driving qualifications more than make up for it.And yes i no there all ways another idiot out there on the road or even 10 more.and yes accidents will happen ,And as i drive professionally for a living i should be safe and never tale gate,and use the three second rule and some time up to 5 car in front to see what is going on, o and i also have three rear facing mirrors on my car and use them regularly more than i have seen by the number of cars driving along with there side mirrors folded in where they can't be bothered to move them when they get out of the garage.o and i also ride on two wheels so i see it from both sides,and yes i also drive lorries as well so that also covers me to see from there point of view. rant over :angry: :angry: (perhaps a smiley might of helped) excue me had a bad day at work (!Removed! cyclists) :P :lol: :lol:

You sure don't type like a 42 year old... :blink: looks like a post from someone half your age!

You sure don't type like a 42 year old... :blink: looks like a post from someone half your age!

don't mean i can spell probably :o :o

Anyone tried ??

Accidentally found my rev limiter cut in point last week while overtaking in 2nd gear - it cut in at 6,500 RPM. Didn't realise how much I was revving it as it seems to be quite a "rev happy" engine...!

don't mean i can spell probably :o :o

:lol:

I don't like to over rev my car. I find 4-5k quite adequate for my needs :D I have a fear of the engine exploding :blink:

:lol:

I don't like to over rev my car. I find 4-5k quite adequate for my needs :D I have a fear of the engine exploding :blink:

Same! Plus the MPG dropped to 29 after the one time I really drove it hard, and the esp was really kicking in when in first and second gear, never had the urge since to really nail it

Gona jump in this thread with my Mk 5

7000 rpm, 2nd gear, 68mph :)

Last night as it happens

You sure is it a standard 1.2 :o :o

Yeah, my Mk4 1.25 ran out of puff at just over 5000rpm really - 7k sounds scary!

Yeah, my Mk4 1.25 ran out of puff at just over 5000rpm really - 7k sounds scary!

yeah i no my gf has 1 and it would not do 68 in 2

Yeah its standard, 2001, 1.25 16v, Zetec SE engine, not a single modification, well, apart from a few stickers :P Dont think they're gonna make much difference though.

They're quicker than they are given credit for!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club