Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK6 1.4 2004 cut out issue

Jordand

Sorry in advance for a wall of text. 

Evening all, posted in a topic previously about rain potentially leaking in through my jets. Got my airbox/cover off, and pulled the plugs (one at a time) and checked for water or rust, but all looks good in each plug. 

The problem:

The car starts but seems to idle a bit lower than the usual expected upon starting. Usually started 1100ish and drops to between 7/800 when warm. 

If I put the car in gear, accelerate (even slightly), when the revs drop, the car just cuts out as if stalling. It also does this if the car is in neutral and I press on the accelerator pedal. Reproduced about two or three times. Not let the car get up to temperature to see if this solves the issue. 

When I had the cover off, I took both air hoses off and made sure neither of them were broken or split, they both seem fine.

I was pointed in the direction of the ICV, but from what I can gather my car doesn't seem to have one.

Nothing has been replaced as of yet on the car. If anyone suggests that I get the fault codes, could you please point me in the direction of a code reader that is decent and will do live data. 

thanks in advance. 

Your coil pack may have bit the dust. This happened to me on my fiesta mk 6.5 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club