Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket mudflaps

guy1962

Has anyone fitted aftermarket mud flaps to a MK2 '57 plate Focus?

I'm looking at £54 for genuine, but lots of aftermarket ones on offer for under £15.

Obviously the genuine ones will be a perfect fit, but how bad a fit are the other ones?

Any advice/ experience would be appreciated.

Genuine : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170789185979?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Aftermarket : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIT-FOR-2006-07-08-09-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-HATCH-MUD-FLAP-FLAPS-SPLASH-GUARD-MUDGUARDS-/231123540807?hash=item35d0095b47:g:WHwAAOxy4dNSu-X3

Just spotted this on the aftermarket listing - damn!

flap.JPG

Edited by guy1962
inserted picture

you can fit the aftermarket ones by simply cutting off the bit shown in the pic. 

place the mudflaps in place and mark where it overlaps the trim on your car. remove trim and cut off the trim. refit trim and fit mudflaps.

i fitted some universal ones on my car similar to those i the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focus-mk2-5-rallyflapz-/172165693084?hash=item2815dffe9c:g:h2kAAOSw8RJXDT9W 

buy something similar and it will do the job.

even these ones will work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-FIT-CAR-VAN-MUDFLAP-RUBBER-BLACK-MUD-FLAPS-DIRT-SPRAY-FLAP-1-PAIR-/281676207041?hash=item419535d3c1:g:AkIAAOSwymxVP4~- 

If u can just buy originals i know there more exspensive but the fit proper without cutting nothing just do the front ones for now if moneys a bit tight and do rears in a few months its the fronts what give the most protection

Thinking about it i might get some for my new car so has anyone fitted these to there new shape focus? If so is it easy?

just got front and rear original  flaps for mine.There  quick  and easy to fit  only took a hour with a brew in there as well  .Last car i fitted after market ones took ages in mucking a round to fit and never really looked to nice.
so genuine flaps are  worth the extra i would say in time,fit and looks.

• Like 1

Hey mate can u give a quick guild how to fit these mudflaps ive fitted them to a fiesta just not a focus lol

will do ill go  look in garage to see if i have  the instructions still will post back later.

• Like 1

found them :). i have a 2015 focus so not sure if the instructions are the same for yours .

The only difference  i did to the instructions  are did not jack the car up  or take  wheels off.

Tools used can use others

battery drill  and 6mm drill bit

plastic panel removal toll for clip removal

1/4 ratchet set

screw drivers

torx bit due to 2 supplied  screw being this way.

For the front just turn the wheels  full lock  to allow access to drill or use a bradel for the missing hole in picture 7 hole number 4

And for the rear all the holes are present on mine so just a bit  fiddly .I used a a 1/4 ratchet set  to get in to the bolts to remove them

20160416_095603.jpg20160416_095612.jpg

should be similar to the fiesta but hope this give you a ideal on fitting :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club