Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Washers

paddyirishman

I'm sure this is a common enough complaint but the windscreen washers on the MK4 Mondeo are rubbish, they dont even wet the top half of the window.

Is it possible to get the mist type washer jets to replace the standard ones?

If so, has anyone a part number or a link to them?

Also noticed this morning that one of my headlight washers doesnt pop out from the bumper (the water just runs down the inside of the bumper)

Is this common enough? (the car is going back to the dealer next month anyway to be put through MOT so he can sort it then)

That sounds as lf the jets are misaligned. What alignment procedure did you follow?

No procedure, I hit the button for the windscreen washers and only the passenger side headlight washer came out of the bumper.

The drivers side stayed in the bumper but I could see the water dripping onto the ground underneath it.

Is there a procedure for aligning these??

**PS - I found the mist type washers, £13 each so i've ordered a pair up.

The headlight washers pop out due to the water pressure.

Try wedging the cover up and running the washers to check water flow is equal.

Probably a clog in the system somewhere.

Will give me something to do over the weekend 

• Like 1

Well the offending washer fell off on the motorway today so no chance of retrieving it. Called into the dealer and he has ordered a new one. Should be fitted in the middle of next week 

• Like 1

Must have been why it was leaking, it disconnected from the feed pipe and bracket.

It looks like its came apart/broken off at the base of the washer jet so the joint was probably leaking causing the head to stay in the bumper

• Like 1

Fitted the mist type windscreen washers this evening. They're not much of an improvement. Do these look a bit low in pressure to you guys?

http://s258.photobucket.com/user/razor5049/media/Mobile%20Uploads/MOV_0116_zpscb0ch7ww.mp4.html?filters[user]=66153250&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

The amount of fluid coming out indicates either blocked filter at  pump end or 1 way valve not opening (partialy seized ball in valve)

• Like 1

How do I get at the pump? 

Is it accessible through the passenger wheel arch?

From what I recall,you remove the front undertray trim to access it, but seem to think the last time I did one I removed the n/s front foglamp as the pump is behind.

Any idea on the size of the non return valve?

May as well change it when i'm in there!

6mm external diameter and 28mm long is the ford one.

1461061049349.jpg

Is there a guide to getting to the front part of the undertray off?

I had a go at it this morning but cant get near it. (do i need to take the front spoiler off as well?)

Would the missing headlight washer be the cause of low pressure in the windscreen washers? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club