Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car private plate insurance?!?!

BenK

Hi all

I need some advice I currently have my Ford focus insured on my private plate. I've just bought a brand new fiesta which I pick up on Monday 18th April. The dealership have told me I can register the car with my private plate instead of a 16 plate however they need a cover note or proof of insurance for the new car. 

After a 2 hour discussion with my insurers they emailed me my new motor insurance cert which the car description as my private plate and nothing else. 

I basically need my focus insured on my plate and the fiesta for the same day so I can drive the old car to the dealership and the new car out. 

Can anyone advised if the private plate under the description of the vehicle will be OK or have they co**ed up? 

Cheers

Ben 

You can usually give them a time that you want the change to happen.

You would be better ringing them to be sure.

Admiral covered me for my old car and new car for the whole day so I could collect it when it suited.

Hi. 

Thanks for the advice. I think calling them is the best course of action. I just wanted to be sure the docs are correct . 

Most companies will insure you on the day for both vehicles (Normally as soon as you drive the "new vehicle to be insured") They stop covering you on the other. Some will insure you on both vehicles for a week! (I had that and luckily needed it due to the new vehicle i bought had some issues and so I could use my old car as the courtesy) You're best ringing your insurer to see what there policy is, It's best to check than be sorry!

Hi just in case anyone was interested this all got sorted in the end. They had to insure my focus in the am and new fiesta in the PM due to my private plate transfer no idea if other insurers operate like this but elephant do. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club