Do Not Sell My Personal Information

touchless cleaning

Alzy

Hi all.

I've got a pressure washer with a foaming bottle attachment on the cheap and was told I can just use a foam wash to clean then spray to rinse and I don't need to touch the car with a sponge or brush. Is this true? If so what's the best products to use? Im in essex/London so to be able to buy it from the shop would be better than the net. Do Halfords do any good stuff as there down the road.

Thanks for any help.

No, they'll be talking about snowfoam which is applied using a proper snowfoam lance (about £30). Even then it's not meant to be a "touchless wash", just a prewash. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 3

You shouldn't touch the car with a brush or sponge regardless..

Snowfoam is simply a prewash prior to cleaning with the 2 bucket method & a decent wash mitt

TFR is a more aggressive prewash, still, a prewash.

Citrus prewash is yet again.. a prewash.

There's nothing out there that can garentee you a 100% touchless wash. If you use decent protection on the car then a regular prewash & pressure wash it off may suffice.

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

The car had a paint protection applied before I bought it and it looked alright till I had to drive down a few muddy tracks and country roads.

I'm hoping the snow foam bath will be enough not to need a hands on approach.

Thanks for the advise all

Sell the karcher lance and get a decent one. it won't foam at all compared to the quality ones

Also, don't assume the thicker the foam the better it cleans. it's usually the opposite!

The best cleaning in my opinion are Inspired Automotive Original & Bilthamer

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

Thanks ginger

What do you mean get a decent one? I'm restricted to store bought stuff. 

Can you recommend one?

Thanks ginger

What do you mean get a decent one? I'm restricted to store bought stuff. 

Can you recommend one?

Direct hoses or Monstershine are the best I've come across in terms of pricing & quality :)

There are obviously others but they're overpriced and pretty much the same thing.. such as autobrite & A few others

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Why are you restricted to store bought stuff? Can't you order on line?

This is the one I have...

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/autobrite-heavy-duty-foam-lance-various-connectors.html

Cause I want it NOW. Lol

I'd like to get the car washed before the weekend starts and the weathers fine.

I'll have a go with the one I have and if all goes Pete tong I'll get a better gun.

Let ya all know how I get on tomorrow.

Early start with gym.

Don't worry about the foamer you have already Alzy. I have the smaller karcher version and it foams a treat and as good as any car wash place I've ever used. Just follow the karcher instructions and use it with low pressure. There are too many opinions on here about washing a car unfortunately.

• Like 1

Thinking of picking up one of them Iranians who are coming here (essex/kent) on dinghys from france. Sure I have space in me shed for one if they do me car washing for me.

It's raining out atm so already getting a pre soak. Is using RO/de-ionised water any better than tap? Use it for my fishtank and I get it of a window washer cheap. Gonna get a snow foam detergent tomoz. 

Keep ya all updated.

Some of the many opinions come from professionals..

Using water from a DI resin or Filtering system will aid in the thickness of the foam and will also allow you to leave the car wet when you're done and not get watermarks.

• Like 1

I know about the water marks as that's the reason for its use window cleaning. 

Didn't get on well today. Didn't stop raining from when I left the gym.

Maybe tomorrow will fair better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i ran with the direct hoses one. been playing around with some different foam. nothing id consider proffesional grade, or even expensive. so im sure theres better than ive been using. but so far after two washes im almost not needing to clay its lifting off 2 years worth of muck so well

• Like 1

i ran with the direct hoses one. been playing around with some different foam. nothing id consider proffesional grade, or even expensive. so im sure theres better than ive been using. but so far after two washes im almost not needing to clay its lifting off 2 years worth of muck so well

Just stay away from magifoam and similar stupidly thick foams. they're absolutely idiotic and have pathetic cleaning abilities & cost the earth

• Like 1

sweet. ive just bought a large bottle, once thats gone i think ill try some inspired from your good self. heard good things about it

• Like 1

sweet. ive just bought a large bottle, once thats gone i think ill try some inspired from your good self. heard good things about it

I use the inspired foam myself. it's cheap & cheerful. It's not too thick, not too thin, doesn't hang around for hours when you're done & it dilutes really well!

one question, would you suggest using a seperate foam and shampoo, or foam then use same in a bucket?

one question, would you suggest using a seperate foam and shampoo, or foam then use same in a bucket?

Foam then a seperate shampoo in the bucket. Shampoos have better lubricating properties

• Like 1

Good point ta

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club