Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking of getting Mondeo

TheRookie

I am thinking of getting my third Ford. I have Focus CC right now and love it (not many people do :)) and previously I had 53-reg Mondeo petrol Auto, which drove greatly but I couldn't afford fuel bills (mpg was in a region of 23-25).

My wife's car (Toyota Prius) is slowly dying so I am thinking replacing it with another Ford.

I've set my heart on two year old Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto hatch (old shape).

Are there any specifics of this car I shall be aware of?  Any known issues?

Is there rear view camera and if not then how difficult will it be to fit it?

How temperamental is satnav/radio? I've heard some horror stories about it.

Does it have to be from main dealer or an ex-lease car from a local dealer CarStores UK should be fine too?

In short, any advice is very appreciated :)

Thanks!

Does it have to be from main dealer or an ex-lease car from a local dealer CarStores UK should be fine too?Does it have to be from main dealer or an ex-lease car from a local dealer CarStores UK should be fine too?

No reason for that; the usual considerations of service history mileage and condition apply of course.

41 minutes ago, TheRookie said:

Is there rear view camera and if not then how difficult will it be to fit it?

I think it may have been an option but I'm not sure on that. Shouldn't be difficult to fit but you'll need an appropriate HU and that might be more of an issue depending on what the car is fitted with.

Which auto?

• Like 1

The HU I am looking for is the one with sat nav. I guess it got camera input?

The auto is Powershift DCT. Not sure if this is any good though as I am really scared of DCTs after experiencing DSG on Skoda.

You are asking about stuff that I don't have experience of however:

The powershift auto seems to be ok if you keep up with the services but many people don't (a bit expensive!) and have problems until they get the oil changed.

I think there are two HUs with Sat Nav.

• Like 1

I recently fittet this Head Unit to my 2001 Titanium X Estate. It came with a rear view camera (Which I have not fitted) due to not having the time to route the cable when I was fitting the unit.

http://www.eonon.co.uk/Android-Car-GPS/GA5162F.html

It does link to the parking sensors (Front & Rear) and is very accurate.

It also allows the steering controls to continue being used But not with as much detail as the factory fitted Unit. 

I also bought the Micro SD card with the Sat Nav. (Which is not included in the deal) Although you can link your Phone to the unit and use it's Sat Nav .

I hope this helps.

20160415_075758.jpg

20160415_075807.jpg

20160415_075812.jpg

20160415_075902.jpg

• Like 1

Cool radio! Maybe I shall put something like this into my Focus CC :)

As to Mondeo, I am afraid ain't getting one. Missus looked at it and said that it is too big and too wide so she won't be able to drive it.

Think it is time to cross the line and go German (something from VAG stables, not necessarily VW). SEAT Altea seem to fit the bill and got all the right bells and whistles.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:57 AM, BOF said:

The powershift auto seems to be ok if you keep up with the services but many people don't (a bit expensive!) and have problems until they get the oil changed

It's not a Mondy but iv'e also got use an 04 Audi 2.0 diesel with cvt (it's not a proper auto it's 2 pulleys/cones and a steel belt) the changes are seemless and effortless to drive but like you i'm scared of it. The oil's been changed every 40,000 and I got it done just 2 weeks ago at 140,000 so it's had 3 all in. It's also had a gearbox software upgrade/date from Audi that was about 4 years ago.

I know auto's are very popular in the states but not here...I do like driving it but as said, like you, I'm still VERY wary of it.....as the saying goes....a good car let down a crap gearbox..