Do Not Sell My Personal Information

seat covers or waterproofing

tealeafuk

Hello to all you clever people that love fords. been a long time since I been on here but I have just bought a 64 plate ford focus t.x so it has heated seats and air bags in the seats. Now I know you got to be careful putting seat covers on when you have air bags in the seats. However I do have some seat covers that are for seats with air bags. I also have found some sprays online that water proof fabrics and leathers. So what do you guys think is the best option covers or spray? reason I want to protect my front seats is, after work I can sometimes be a bit crapped up and I'd like to keep my car nice.

As a side question my focus is a 1.5 ecoboost petrol. Is it really worth buying the expensive fuel from bp or Shell, is that super market stuff really that !Removed!, does it really give you better mpg going to b.p or Shell?

thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you clever people soon.  

I say yes its worth buying premium fuel not supermarket thats just my opinion tho anytime i buy a new car i run super unleaded in it because i dont know if previous owner has ran it on crap so a good internal clean but i still think 95 is good as long as it aint supermarket i stick to Shell but that just me

Oh when i was grafting hard i just threw a thin small picnic blanket over my drivers seat and it always kept my seat mint and i was always covered in paint or cement

i went with one of these  http://www.mufflebox.com/collections/car-accessories/products/car-seat-cover-protector?variant=369485883

with this the air bag works  but cant use the heated seat.i have also used a large bath towel in the past to cover the seat.

As for the water proofing sprays they can be good if you get a good one but will need reapplying  often to keep up protection along with regular cleaning to keep it looking good.

id say a cover as you will be able to  just take it on and off depending on the use of the car work or pleasure.

no fabric guard spray will ever work as well as an actual barrier between the seat and the dirt that you get from a cover , plus all the time still spent cleaning , reapplying , waiting to dry when using scotchguard or equivolent product.

the covers acake linked look pretty good though very pricey at nearly £30 each

or just get a standard nylon or cloth cover set and cut slots where the seat side airbags units are mounted if thats of concern to you.

using covers will save alot of time and faff in the long run.

as for premium vs supermarket fuel , well obviously premuim is a better quality product cos they charge more for it , down to you to determine whether the extra cost is worth the moderate gains. 

thanks for all your replays, that's really helpful. keeping on the mpg theme I've had my car a week now and it said 307 miles to my next fill and the mpg on my car is saying i'm doing 31.5 if I can get it to 40 I will be happy with that and I think as I get used to the car and put some fuel cleaning stuff in it next fill up and use some good fuel i'm thinking and hoping it will get better. I might be all wrong here but I know my car hasn't been on a long run in a long time so i'm hoping my first run will help it clear the crap from the engine, I might be wrong on that one.   

• Like 1

Hi Luis, Our 1.0L Ecoboost was stuck on a low average mpg reading (mid 30's) and didn't seem to move. Eventually I decided to reset it before embarking on a decent run and since then it's been updating itself regularly. It's now hovering between 44.2 and 44.4 depending on road conditions. I haven't done a brim-to-brim test to find out how accurate it is but I do find it's useful to know how different road conditions - and my driving style - affects it.

Because it's continually averaging the figure, comparing the current instantaneous reading with the running total, it can take quite a while to settle if it's been brought low by, for example, a lot of town driving. Doing a reset will let it start afresh and get to a realistic average more quickly.

thank you so much for you input MJT I will reset it when I go on a run. I hope mine starts hovering at 44 I would be really chuffed with that.

Hi tea. Since you have a tit x I'm guessing yours is part leather. Pointless applying a cleaner/barrier coz of the mix in materials. Pointless using seat covers coz they're ugly and a pain putting on and off repeatedly. As others have said just use an old blanket/bath towel. Don't know how you mean capped up but unless you're wet muddy just brush yourself down. I worked in concrete manufacture and was always covered in cement dust. Never were my cars suffering coz of it after I dusted myself down.

The petrol ecoboosts aren't that economical but 31mpg on short runs looks damn good to me in your 1.5T. Giving your car a good run regularly will do it good. Alternate between super fuel and regular and try avoid supermarket fuel tho it's not too important.

thanks for your input tazzman. I decided to get some disposable car seat covers in case one time I finish work and i'm a bit crapped up, I'm a truck driver you see and your right you can dust yourself off but oil is something that worries me something you can get covered in with trucks. I also got some nanospray to try that works with leather and fabric I also tried it on my shoes works really well but yet to see how long it lasts.

As for fuel I've just come back from a long run with it and I got to say the mpg got a hell of a lot better on a run as good as my 1.6 tdi fiesta. One thing I have noticed though I've only had this car a week and its still amazing me I used to the park assist for the first time and was screaming with fear and amazement with it lol but I also been playing with the heated seats and I don't know if its just me but that seems to make the needle drop, so they can stay off in less I really need them. So what i'm going to do is put some car lube in it to clean the engine and use better fuel from now on. one more question while i'm here, as i drive along, my car will suddenly come out with caution, I think its warning me of speed cameras because every time its done it about 100 yards up the road theres a speed camera lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club